Panoramic Sunroof Leaking?

Miks7

Reactions
I also received this letter, and was going to have them comply to the recall this summer when I don't need the vehicle. My dealer...and this is why I think VW has a lot of it's problems, is the service department. First off - it's an Audi/VW dealership, so I am mixed in with a premium brand. You would think that the customer care in service would be top notch, but it is not.

They look at a VW and sort of put you in as a second class citizen, BUT they charge the premium prices...so it's sort of screwed up! I noted on the recall that it would take an hour to accomplish UNLESS there are other priorities. I figure I will drop the car off for them and tell them to fix it and if I don't get it back in the first day, the second day I will start to squawk and get it back home after a few days.

CPTAMP

Reactions
City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Golf Alltrack SEL
I had this issue but the dealer was able to fix it by unblocking the drain tubes in the sunroof track. All works fine now.

DeeSnutts

Reactions
City
Chirpin Gears & Passin Queers
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 Alltrack SE
Took mine to the dealer for a leak. Now I'm ripping around in a 2020 Arteon loaner. Great when you put your foot down but the interior is from a mid $20k car and it's desperately lacking body control when you push it through corners.

sqc001

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
I’ve had a 2015 gsw and those years were big with the panoramic roof leak problem. I hope VW has solved the issue!? I’ve seen on YouTube a guy with a brand new 2019, 2500 miles getting bought back by vw! He stated they ground and re-welded and it still leaked! Scary

sqc001

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
I had this issue but the dealer was able to fix it by unblocking the drain tubes in the sunroof track. All works fine now.
Oh wow... what year was your car? Curious was the lines from the factory plugged with debris or pinched in the build?
a

Reactions
City
SAN RAFAEL
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 VW All Track
The old 'rear drain tube pinch' rears its ugly head again. This time, my car is out of warranty and the dealership says it will be around $3000 to fix - replace the headliner, rear trunk liner, gaskets..I've already had the headliner replaced once due to a leak. So what now? Stump up for a fault that should have been repaired correctly? Insurance claim? VW recall? The dealership told me the recent recall was only for the FRONT drains on the sunroof.

ns122

Reactions
The old 'rear drain tube pinch' rears its ugly head again. This time, my car is out of warranty and the dealership says it will be around $3000 to fix - replace the headliner, rear trunk liner, gaskets..I've already had the headliner replaced once due to a leak. So what now? Stump up for a fault that should have been repaired correctly? Insurance claim? VW recall? The dealership told me the recent recall was only for the FRONT drains on the sunroof.
NorCal...our 2018 leaked due to rear drains which were repaired under warranty prior to any recall. A further front drain check was done much later under a recall (I think) during a normal servicing. All of this was under VW Canada which may or may not have the same policies as VW USA. I would not accept ‘no’ and push hard for the warranty fix. Go public if you have to. This is not quite ‘dieselgate’ but VW should stand behind these sunroof flaws for the life of the car.

Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 golf alltrack
I've heard about the blocked drains, but not the others.
My 2017 Alltrack leaks occasionally. Where are the drains i blow out?

Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Golf Alltrack
Hi everybody, I guess I'm not the only one. I bought a used 2017 Alltrack SE with only 20k miles two weeks ago and have already had two bad leaks from heavy rain. I bought mine from an independent auto dealer, not a vw dealer. First heavy storm the car sat out in heavy rain for 1.5 hours before I found it. Headliner stained all 360° around the pano sunroof. Both A pillars soaked, water dripping down below the dash/steering column. Dripping off the ceiling console near the lights/sunroof controls.

Took the car back to the dealer, they were very nice and "un-clogged" the drain plugs free of charge. Spent an hour getting the water stains out once they had dried. The fix seemed to work as I made it through another bad rain storm, then a few days later another heavy rainfall and there are two huge water stains in the back on the headliner and the carpet in the spare tire well was completely soaked. Took it back to the dealer and they un clogged the rear 2 drain tubes because apparently they only did the front tubes last time.

After reading all of the issues in this thread I'm sure this will only be a temporary fix and it will leak again. I have no warranty and my VIN returns no available recalls. I have seen some people were able to make this into an insurance claim to cover the bill. I may be too late for a buyout since the car is now 4 years old and I purchased from an independent dealer. Love the car but this is truly awful. Buy the S trim people