What is the offset on SEL 18 Canyon wheel?

Reactions
Just bought an S, planning to use the OEM 17" with snows next winter.
Would like to go to an 18" for 3 seasons.
The SEL Canyon is an 18x7.5 but what is the offset?

Unless I can find someone parting with a set for decent price, will get some BBS or something.
Or maybe another VW set if same spec.....

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!....anyone have a set of Canyon wheels thinking of selling?

Reactions
I might sell mine a little down the road...if I do sell they'll be in like new condition if they're not in that condition I'll keep them. I'm eye-balling some aftermarket wheels and having hard time choosing. I'll probably get another set of 18" wheels but wider 8" or 8.5".
I wish I knew the weight of the Canyon wheels, I don't but the wheels I'm looking at I know will definitely be lighter as VW's stock wheels usually are 25+lbs.
If I do sell keep a look-out because they'll probably sell quick.

VWGALT

Reactions
I'm doing the same thing - this fall, I'll be putting these on my 17" stock wheels and then next spring adding new 18" wheels tires. I'd like to do it now, but it seems a waste to burn brand new tires. I also found this website helpful for determining overall changes/fitment for new wheels/tires - https://www.willtheyfit.com/.

I was also looking at these as possible options for aftermarket wheels - https://www.petrolwheels.com/custom-wheels-rims-p0a/ and https://www.mandruswheels.com/otto-mercedes-wheels.php.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Why did you decide on those Toyo Observe? I like Toyo Summer, performance but not sure about winter. Last time I researched snow tires considered those also. But the reviews not that great. You should look at Michelin X Ice I3 or Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 (think R3 now out) either regular or SUV model. I still have or have used both and are great.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Went back and forth on various after market wheels, Replikas and some OEM VW, Audi..... new and remanufactured.
Finally decided on the Helix came with some Beetle and Passat? A dealer selling online thru Amazon at decent price.
18X8 48mm, heavy though at 27lbs. But I like the look, not racer boy or out of place. But different enough to not be stock.
Continental Pure Contact 225/45 beef it up just enough.

Attachments

VWGALT

Reactions
Went back and forth on various after market wheels, Replikas and some OEM VW, Audi..... new and remanufactured.
Finally decided on the Helix came with some Beetle and Passat? A dealer selling online thru Amazon at decent price.
18X8 48mm, heavy though at 27lbs. But I like the look, not racer boy or out of place. But different enough to not be stock.
Those look great. VW OEMs look good across many models including those. Re: Toyo Observes - I have them currently on my Tiguan and they were unstoppable this last winter (first time for snow tires on it). While we don't get a ton of snow, I have to climb up two large hills to where we live and we had a few big snows and I was pleased how well they peformed. I had to come to a complete stop on the last hill during one storm (cars scattered all over the road) and waited on icy/snowing road, but when the cars cleared, I had no issues taking off and moving along. I know there are lots of good options for snow tires, but my local Les Schwab is close and they gave me a good deal on those and some snow wheel take offs. After driving them all winter, they still look new, so I'll try them for the AT. Funny, most of the reviews I read after I bought them were mostly positive, but I think overall, Toyo puts out a good product (had some on my old truck that were excellent as well).

Reactions
I might sell mine a little down the road...if I do sell they'll be in like new condition if they're not in that condition I'll keep them. I'm eye-balling some aftermarket wheels and having hard time choosing. I'll probably get another set of 18" wheels but wider 8" or 8.5".
I wish I knew the weight of the Canyon wheels, I don't but the wheels I'm looking at I know will definitely be lighter as VW's stock wheels usually are 25+lbs.
If I do sell keep a look-out because they'll probably sell quick.
So I sold the Canyon wheels and couldn't find how much they weighed so when I had the tires taken off I weighed them...25lbs even just in case anyone was interested.
My replacement wheels are Fast FC04, and ATS Cup...AND Temp Wheels from Concept-1 (tuner in Canada)
FC04's are 18.6lbs 8x18 40et I have them on car right now using 15mm H&R hub centric spacers on rear they still fit under fender which is just what I wanted. I'm a bit concerned about rear wheel bearing excess wear though...should I be?
Had issue with one of the Temp wheels being mis-cast (out of balance) and in process of getting replacement from Concept-1 they are 8.5x18 45et 25lbs and look perfect on the Alltrack IMO. The design was taken from the Tourareg/Cayenne spare wheel. I bought the last set...they only made 100 sets!
The ATS Cup is 18x8 41et 22.2lbs and are pretty hard to get in the states but look amazing and I'll be using them for summertime.
The Cups are one of the first "aftermarket" designed wheels for the VW Rabbit way back when and styling is the same but I think actually look better in this size than the originals.
The tires are 225/45/18 for the Cups and Fast FC04 (stock 18" tire size) and 245/40/18 for the Temp wheels. There is barely enough room in rear between wheel/tire on inside (shock to tire) but they fit and look great.

I'd like to share pictures but don't know how!

Reactions
Just FYI, When I was shopping for tires 225/45/18 size I wanted Continental DWS 06 tires which are made in that size BUT at Discount tire they wouldn't mount them IF I bought them because our Alltracks are rated for 95 Load Index (1,521lbs per tire) and the DWS06 is rated only 91 Load Index (1,356lbs per tire)
They said it's a liability issue and they couldn't/wouldn't mount them. I think your Pure Contact tires are the same 91 Load Index.
This was the first time I have ever been told about load rating for tires, I've always just assumed that a tire, any tire, would be ok as long as it would fit within a certain size nothing extreme but what would be acceptable for a particular car. Load rating was never an issue
up until recently (Discount Tire). Before writing this I searched Tire Rack a for Alltrack and their search engine came up with a lot of 91 Load Rating tires for our Alltracks...so How concerning is Load Rating anyway?
I wound up getting 245/40/18 DWS06 for my 18x8.5 Temp wheels 245/40 and 225/45 are very close to same overall diameter and the 245's fit the 8.5" width perfectly IMO. The 245/40's are 95 rated

msouper

Reactions
City
Beautiful
State
MT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Golf Alltrack SEL
I just posted an ad for my 18" Canyons with Conti's with only 10,500 miles. Let me know if anyone is looking. Thanks!