Stuck-on interior light! And infotainment display imperfection...

zeekarone

Reactions
This is so annoying - I just picked up a brand new Alltrack 2018 SE and the passenger-side rear interior light is STUCK on! It won't go off no matter how many times you press the button. It clicks, but it won't turn off. I missed this when I first got the car, as it was daytime and I didn't notice right away - but once it started to get dark (and after the dealer was closed) I immediately noticed it. Anyone else find this?

Also on the 8" glass touchscreen infotainment screen, there is slight vertical line that is noticeable down an entire portion of the screen. I thought it was a crack in the glass at first, but looks like it's on the screen itself under the glass - something with the pixels.

I guess I'll be taking this brand new vehicle back to the dealership for warranty repair after day 1...

OTHERWISE TOTALLY LOVE THE CAR!

Nokian

Reactions
Did you try with the doors closed? One setting of the switch is ON, the other is DOOR, meaning the light comes on when the door is opened and shuts shortly after all the doors are closed, or the engine is started.

OP
Z

zeekarone

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Did you try with the doors closed? One setting of the switch is ON, the other is DOOR, meaning the light comes on when the door is opened and shuts shortly after all the doors are closed, or the engine is started.
Yea it's on all the time as soon as the car is on, doors shut, driving, etc. - and just that one, on that back passenger side. It's like the click-button doesn't work, it won't turn off no matter what. Currently have tape over it lol. Taking it to dealer this weekend...

Glenlivet

Reactions
City
Craftsbury Common
State
VT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf TSi Alltrack S
My 2019 S just started doing that! Both of the rear dome lights stay on all the time. The only time they turn off is if I turn off the engine, exit the car and use the remote to lock the doors. If I don't lock the doors the lights stay on all night long! I called the dealer and was told I'm not the only owner to experience that. They'll reset it for me, said it takes a few minutes and a magical sequence of pressing buttons and pulling levers.

Bill H.

Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 VW Golf Alltrack
My 2019 S just started doing that! Both of the rear dome lights stay on all the time. The only time they turn off is if I turn off the engine, exit the car and use the remote to lock the doors. If I don't lock the doors the lights stay on all night long! I called the dealer and was told I'm not the only owner to experience that. They'll reset it for me, said it takes a few minutes and a magical sequence of pressing buttons and pulling levers.[

Bill H.

Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 VW Golf Alltrack
I just noticed this problem yesterday while coming back from kayaking and thought I was going to run down the battery overnight. Both rear sidelights above the doors stayed on the whole way home for approximately six miles and stayed on after I closed and locked the car. I checked an hour later and they were off. Wasn’t sure about the nature or origin of the issue so I checked this forum only to find a couple of similar reports. Not sure about how others resolved their issues with the lights…

Bill H.

Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 VW Golf Alltrack
I just noticed this problem yesterday while coming back from kayaking and thought I was going to run down the battery overnight. Both rear sidelights above the doors stayed on the whole way home for approximately six miles and stayed on after I closed and locked the car. I checked an hour later and they were off. Wasn’t sure about the nature or origin of the issue so I checked this forum only to find a couple of similar reports. Not sure about how others resolved their issues with the lights…
left out that it’s a 2019 S with 11k miles.