Soon-to-be Owner from NJ

RobynNJ

Reactions
Hi,

Figured I?d introduce myself. I just ordered an Alltrack SE on Monday night so figured I?d sign in here. I need something to do to kill the time until it arrives... 😊

I am and always will be a VW and a wagon lover. Learned to drive on a ?79 Dasher diesel wagon (4-speed). Had a ?93 Passat GLX (5-speed) wagon in the late 90?s. I?m actually stunned at how close in every dimension the Alltrack is to my B3 Passat! Had a beautiful ?96 Volvo 850 Platinum Edition wagon until about two years ago. It was needing more and more maintenance (not really the car?s fault, just age) and it was more than I wanted to deal with. Nobody really had an affordable wagon available at the time that interested me so I settled, and I do mean settled, for a used Grand Cherokee with the venerable 4.0L engine. It?s in excellent condition and has been completely reliable, but after having to drive it the past five months while the Miata has been in winter hibernation has made me want to shoot myself in the head. It can?t accelerate, stop or turn even remotely like a car and I?ve had enough.

So why an Alltrack? Well, to be honest not really a fan of the jacked-up ride height because I have zero plans to go off-road, but two big reasons why I?m getting one. First, the silver accents on the lower body, silver mirrors, and silver roof rails give it more visual interest to me than the Sportwagen, which looks kind of ?bland? to me. The Alltrack just looks like a much higher end car than the price would suggest. Second, and the far more important reason? I want the features offered in the SE trim and the Sportwagen isn?t offered with a manual in anything but the S trim. Actually might have considered an SEL if it was available with the manual, but such is life.

So the car will be Great Falls Green with the Marrakesh Brown interior and I?ve opted to get the self-dimming mirror w/Homelink installed. After driving it a while, will probably head back to the dealer to get an APR Stage 1 tune, as they are an authorized dealer and will still honor the warranty. 😊

Have already ordered a few misc. goodies for the car while I wait and looking forward to an update from my dealer when it goes into production.

Sandberg84

Reactions
Congrats WE love our 2017 your cars sounds great

OP
R

RobynNJ

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! Really looking forward to it. [biggrin]

drtechy

Reactions
Hahah I'm a soon to be owner in NJ too, congrats!

OP
R

RobynNJ

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Sigh... Update from my dealer yesterday. The ETA for the car is listed as mid-July to early August. Was hoping for sooner than that, but worth waiting to get what I want.

He did say that date could move up earlier, depending upon how many orders for manuals VW gets in the allocation period. Not sure how that affects things, but hoping he's right.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sigh... Update from my dealer yesterday. The ETA for the car is listed as mid-July to early August. Was hoping for sooner than that, but worth waiting to get what I want.

He did say that date could move up earlier, depending upon how many orders for manuals VW gets in the allocation period. Not sure how that affects things, but hoping he's right.
True. Once it goes into production the delivery date is more accurate.

OP
R

RobynNJ

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Heard today that my car is finally scheduled for production next week. [coolsmile]

No idea what that means as far as finally getting it, but at least something is finally happening.