Question to all the Golf Alltrack new owners

Reactions
Hi folks,

My name is Patrick. I am excited to be part of this forum!

I recently purchased my first VW Golf Alltrack base model (black exterior, black interior) last Sunday the 5th at a dealer in Van Nuys, California.

I spent whole day to negotiate the price and sign all the contracts, then finally picked up my Alltrack during that night. The dealer had to transfer the car from somewhere because they didn't have it in-stock.

I was driving my sister's car back home and my sis was driving my Alltrack. We stopped by gas station to put some gas on my sis car.

When I looked at my Alltrack at the gas station, I noticed many scratches(exterior, interior, even on the keys) and molding problem on the body.

I was very disappointed at that moment. We had to drive back to the dealer to tell them and ask them what's wrong with this car.
The manager had to explain how those scratches are more visible under LED lights because of the color of this car compare to other colored cars. Since the service department was already closed, He told us to make an appointment and come back for services and he would compensate for amount of driving back and forth(I live in Ontario, CA / about 60miles away from the dealer).

I'm planning to go back to the dealer on Friday.

Yeah Also on the contract mileage on the car stated as "31miles" but it was over 80miles when I picked up + Car-Oil Change Warning Sign pops up every time I start.

Am I unlucky to get a brand-new car that has been test drove multiple times ? I just still cannot believe that the car purchased is a brand-new German car...

This is very new to me because this VW is my first ever "new" car(I've been driving used Honda Accord for 10 yrs...)

Let me know what you guys think and how I should handle this situation Thank you!! -Patrick IMG_4221.jpg IMG_4217.jpg IMG_4216.jpg IMG_4214.jpg IMG_4213.jpg IMG_4212.jpg IMG_4211.jpg IMG_4233.jpg IMG_4223.jpg IMG_4218.jpg

Reactions
Hi [MENTION=79]patrickpanini[/MENTION] those are all surface scratches that can be buffed out with some paint polish. It was most likely caused by someone using a harsh towel on the car. Take the car back to the dealer and ask them to detail your car, you'll be surprise what a difference it will make.

Reactions
You've notified the dealer which is all you can do for now. Wait and see if they can resolve the issues before doing anything more. The extra miles are probably from the car being driven from another dealer. Maybe a sweetener like a bonus service or something else out of good will to smooth out the wrinkles from a bad first VW experience?

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thank you ATXGolf !

I will definitely check out detailing at the dealer tomorrow.

One more question for you though, Do you recommend using the door edge protection film / door handle paint scratch protective film ?

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thank you Winchy !

Yes I will definitely see if there's any bonus service at the dealer tomorrow.

Reactions
Thank you ATXGolf !

I will definitely check out detailing at the dealer tomorrow.

One more question for you though, Do you recommend using the door edge protection film / door handle paint scratch protective film ?
Oh yeah, if you don't mind the expense I would suggest getting the entire front end covered in paint protection film. I got a few quotes and to do the front end, door edges, door handle cups and mirrors were around $1k. One shop said they'll do the headlights and foglights for free too if I decided to do the entire front end.

RL331

Reactions
Looks like just minor surface issues that can be resolved. Ours was driven over 130 miles to us in NYC from northern CT and had another 25 probably from test drives. Sucks to have that many miles on it but looking on the bright side the engine has been driven on and all seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro