Rear headrest removal on a 2017 Golf Alltrack S

Dannyo

Reactions
Anyone remove their rear seat headrests? The owners manual explains but it doesn't remove easily.
It says to (at the same time to push the right button, insert a small slotted screwdriver, push in, in the TINY little slot on the second.
It just refuses to budge.......frustrating!!! TIA

OP
D

Dannyo

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Never mind...the manual is a little misleading...just push the right button, then the left COVER (small partial cutout on cover) and wahlah!!!! geez !!!
Tks......

Reactions
I removed mine it's pretty standard affair to do (as you discovered) and replaced the 2 outer head rests with the European versions which gives you much better rearward visibility.
The European outer rear head rests look similar to the center head rest. I did it mainly because of the limited visibility with the stock N.A. head rests...they were pricey but worth every penny.
Night and day difference.

AJF

Reactions
City
Greenwich
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack SEL MT
I removed mine it's pretty standard affair to do (as you discovered) and replaced the 2 outer head rests with the European versions which gives you much better rearward visibility.
The European outer rear head rests look similar to the center head rest. I did it mainly because of the limited visibility with the stock N.A. head rests...they were pricey but worth every penny.
Night and day difference.
Where did you get yours?

Reactions
I got them from e-acca.com a European web site. Sorry I don't remember the part numbers but if you search the web as I did you'll be able to find them, double check as if I remember there are different P/Ns according to material and stitching (to match your interior). They cost quite a lot around $365 for the pair but night and day difference for rearward visibility.