What car did you trade in for your Golf Alltrack?

Reactions
2010 Jetta TDI.

Loved that car for all of the reasons, not least 50+ MPG and very comfortable but staunch handling. Might have kept her (Sofie had just under 120K on her) but there were expensive services on the horizon (glow plug, clutch) and VW bought her back for what amounted to 50% of her original (she was loaded) purchase price

kern44

Reactions
Came over from a '11 Outback, which was handed down to my daughter. Only 2k driven so far, if it compares with Subaru reliability, I'll be very happy.
Fits better in garage, better handling and unique. This is our practical car to go along with a Corvette/ BMW M

patrrob

Reactions
Trader my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek. Love it during winter. that was fun. But for the rest of the year, I felt that the car was not that interesting to drive because of the 148hp even with my manual transmission. The Alltrack driving is far more pleasant to drive around. Hope I wont dislike it in the winter.

chllr

Reactions
new 2017 Alltrack SE replaces 2015 Sportwagen TDI S which was sadly flooded by Irma. Remarkable car and enjoyed the fuel mileage and torquey-ness of the engine. That car replaced a 1996 Benz E320 which beats many modern cars in several areas and had surprisingly inexpensive upkeep.

Reactions
I traded in my beloved 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 6MT. It was hard to let it go but I wanted a wagon with a manual gearbox and the Alltrack was the only viable choice. The ride comfort, interior noise, build quality are fairly similar. I do miss the incredibly smooth shifts on the Audi and the additional power the Audi had. I do miss the Audi, but don't regret my choice even a bit...

incogneato

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
*On Order* 2019 Golf Alltrack S M6
Curious to know what cars you guys traded in for the Golf Alltrack?

I recently traded in my 2014 Fiesta ST for an Alltrack, needed something a bit bigger for our family.
2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD for 2019 Alltrack S M because I missed shifting gears.

Stovebolt

Reactions
State
MD
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack 4Motion S
Traded a 1998 Sebring convertible we had bought new. 110k miles and it died in the VW dealer's parking area. They gave me 250 bucks for it. I assume its a small block of crushed metal on a boat to china by now ...Alltrack is way more fun.

Reactions
none. we kept the old Subaru impreza as a back up car (my son in law has a Ford Lightning and we will have to remove that truck from his casket before he ever lets it go).

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
none. we kept the old Subaru impreza as a back up car (my son in law has a Ford Lightning and we will have to remove that truck from his casket before he ever lets it go).
Congrats!

Ponytown

Reactions
Traded my 2008 Mazda 3 S with the 5 speed manual I had since new and put a lot of time and money into. I loved that car and when I made it Colorado from Nj I traded it for a 2016 Tiguan SE. That was Ok but I really didn’t like driving an suv and automatic. So I traded that for my 2019 green Alltrack SE and now happy camper!

Polskiryz

Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Vw Golf Alltrack S Manual tran
IMG_20200218_202118.jpg traded in the 2013 scion frs 6mt for a 2019 Alltrack S 6mt. Same like most folks here, needed the extra space with another baby on the way. Both cars i have to say are really fun. Still looking forward to testing the alltrack in the snow.

Saablvr

Reactions
City
Trenton
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 VW Golf Alltrack S
My 2008 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi (wagon). What a great car it was.

Attachments

SquirrelX

Reactions
City
Brisbane
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
‘19 Golf Alltrack Premium
2015 Toyota Fortuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gAnGoLf

Reactions
City
Northglenn
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack
Hi everyone. New member here. Two days ago i traded in old "Raven James" a 1979 GMC High Sierra Jimmy with a 400sb and about half a million miles or so on the clock. My winter vehicle of th past five years. The reliable gas guzzling beast was mechanically sound however the windshield wiper motor, heater motor, & power window motors & switches were all throwing in the towel. Four bald tires & a recent rear ending recovery this machine was definitely ready to head to a more loving and attentive owner. I can honestly say i do not miss that square box one single bit. Im a motorcycle ryd'r Harley-Davidson specifically. After th Jimmy was rear ended a friend gifted me a 1986 Mk2 Jetta that had been neglected for several years covered with leaves and north of 375000 miles of experience under it's belt. I learned a great deal about mechanical CIS fuel injection resurrecting that machine into a 100 mile daily commuter. Managed to enjoy about 14000 miles in that fun sweet driving Jetta till last week when Jesus driving a 2019 Chevy Silverado Dulley left turned his company truck directly across my path going 65mph. You that know, know that the next 2 seconds took about 4 minutes to live and in any other vehicle i probably wouldn't be writing this right now. Long story short i drove Raven James one last time to O'Mara Volkswagen in Northglenn CO and drove away in exactly what i wanted. I secured a brand-new white 2019 VolkSWAGen Golf Alltrack SEL with every single warranty, glass, tyre, brake pad, paint, interior, breakdown, stranded coverage extension available. I plan to keep this machine for a very long time. Dealership treated me fantastic and in comparison gave me an absolutely unbelievable deal. The peace of mind this vehicle has brought me in just the past two days has added several years back on my life and is living up to every expectation I have for this awesome vehicle. Peace b w/ everyone here on this forum I'll enjoy reading & sharing about our Alltrack 4Motion experiences.
#rydsafe
Philip

Attachments

dardano

Reactions
City
Metropolis
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack Execline
I trade a 2016 mazda3 GS sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdh64

Reactions
City
Canton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 VW Golf Alltrack
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen SEL. Tornado Red. Loved it and miss it.

Reactions
City
Middleton
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
Came over from a '11 Outback, which was handed down to my daughter. Only 2k driven so far, if it compares with Subaru reliability, I'll be very happy.
Fits better in garage, better handling and unique. This is our practical car to go along with a Corvette/ BMW M
Another hand down more than trade. The kids will get a 2013 Outback Ltd, the 21 year old Camry kids have been driving goes away.

g9195p

Reactions
City
Hudson
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 Alltrack S 6MT
Traded in the wife's old (bought new) 216,000-mile '03 Forester 2.5XS 5-speed.
She loved that car, and we swore that we wouldn't let go of it when it came time to get her a new car, but finances and what we were offered for it as trade-in value, made it so we couldn't NOT trade it in.
We do still miss it sometimes. That was a goofy-looking but great little car. And I'd done a tone of work to it, not the least of which was installing a new clutch, a whole new exhaust system, fixing it when it dropped a valve guide about 3 years ago, and other fun times (rear wheel bearing, how I still loathe thee)

But we love our new Alltrack. A car that shocked us as soon as we actually drove one :)

20190331_wheels3.jpg

20200429_G-Max_6.jpg

Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
I didn’t really trade anything in for my Alltrack. I had a ‘17 Honda Pilot going off lease last month so, I proactively acquired the ‘19 Alltrack in August.

The Honda was a good, roomy and reliable vehicle with all the pizazz of oatmeal. It was like driving a minivan without the stigma.

I‘m much happier with the VW.

TC

Reactions
City
Saint Michael
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack SEL 6mt
traded in my 2010 Honda Fit Sport 5mt. It was absolutely bulletproof. installed a trailer hitch and pulled a utility trailer with it, it was my little workhorse. Sad to see it go but the Alltrack is worlds better in terms of driving refinement. Just have to get a hitch installed but I'm worried VW will try to use it against me if something breaks. I know these cars tow a lot in Europe so I'm sorta pissed that VW doesn't give any tow rating and will void warranty with towing in US.