What car did you trade in for your Golf Alltrack?

Reactions
2010 Jetta TDI.

Loved that car for all of the reasons, not least 50+ MPG and very comfortable but staunch handling. Might have kept her (Sofie had just under 120K on her) but there were expensive services on the horizon (glow plug, clutch) and VW bought her back for what amounted to 50% of her original (she was loaded) purchase price

kern44

Reactions
Came over from a '11 Outback, which was handed down to my daughter. Only 2k driven so far, if it compares with Subaru reliability, I'll be very happy.
Fits better in garage, better handling and unique. This is our practical car to go along with a Corvette/ BMW M

patrrob

Reactions
Trader my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek. Love it during winter. that was fun. But for the rest of the year, I felt that the car was not that interesting to drive because of the 148hp even with my manual transmission. The Alltrack driving is far more pleasant to drive around. Hope I wont dislike it in the winter.

chllr

Reactions
new 2017 Alltrack SE replaces 2015 Sportwagen TDI S which was sadly flooded by Irma. Remarkable car and enjoyed the fuel mileage and torquey-ness of the engine. That car replaced a 1996 Benz E320 which beats many modern cars in several areas and had surprisingly inexpensive upkeep.

Reactions
I traded in my beloved 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 6MT. It was hard to let it go but I wanted a wagon with a manual gearbox and the Alltrack was the only viable choice. The ride comfort, interior noise, build quality are fairly similar. I do miss the incredibly smooth shifts on the Audi and the additional power the Audi had. I do miss the Audi, but don't regret my choice even a bit...

incogneato

Reactions
Curious to know what cars you guys traded in for the Golf Alltrack?

I recently traded in my 2014 Fiesta ST for an Alltrack, needed something a bit bigger for our family.
2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD for 2019 Alltrack S M because I missed shifting gears.

Stovebolt

Reactions
Traded a 1998 Sebring convertible we had bought new. 110k miles and it died in the VW dealer's parking area. They gave me 250 bucks for it. I assume its a small block of crushed metal on a boat to china by now ...Alltrack is way more fun.

Reactions
none. we kept the old Subaru impreza as a back up car (my son in law has a Ford Lightning and we will have to remove that truck from his casket before he ever lets it go).

Reactions
Traded my 2008 Mazda 3 S with the 5 speed manual I had since new and put a lot of time and money into. I loved that car and when I made it Colorado from Nj I traded it for a 2016 Tiguan SE. That was Ok but I really didn’t like driving an suv and automatic. So I traded that for my 2019 green Alltrack SE and now happy camper!