DOVER
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
AllTrack S 2019
Hey,
Like to improve handling and not to go lower if possible.
Few options
GOLF R springs
Tiguan lowering springs
Coilovers
Any ideas ?

Ogre72

Reactions
City
Glendale
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack S Dsg
I am getting my 19 alltrack fitted with Bilstein B16 next Saturday on 235/40/18 Michelin pilot 4 all season on Neuspeed RSE10 18 x8.5. I had this set up on my 13 tdi JSW before I sold it back to vw . I will keep you posted. The ride was incredible as I was able to place a lot of weight on the suspension as I did a lot of camping and carrying a 20 cubic inch cargo box wit about 220 pounds on top. No body roll . With any suspension you consider, consider upgrading your sway bars also.Consider all options and ask around. I researched for a long time prior to committing on these again. Good luck. I will post pics

OP
V

VwagonDad

Reactions
City
DOVER
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
AllTrack S 2019
Thread Starter #3
Great let me know
I was planning following , I don't like to drop part, but this is not final yet:
Golf R springs
ED spacers on the back or maybe dedicated variant spring
B4 up front B8 in the back
Golf R rear sway bar
I will keep wheels at 18

Ogre72

Reactions
City
Glendale
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack S Dsg
Great let me know
I was planning following , I don't like to drop part, but this is not final yet:
Golf R springs
Golf R rear sway bar
I will keep wheels at 18
That is a nice setup also. Well keep each other posted and send pics .

LovelyOne

Reactions
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Golf Alltrack SE
Great let me know
Golf R springs
Golf R rear sway bar
I will keep wheels at 18
Do you have the part numbers for the Golf R springs and sway bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 AT SE 6MT
Do you have the part numbers for the Golf R springs and sway bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Look them up online, but be careful. There's two main types. 1 for DSG and 1 for 6MT. Don't forget the rear TT pads or equivalent.

I've got a DSG set of springs and Bilsteins just sitting here, I don't think there's p/n's on the springs I have. I haven't swapped yet as I broke my back in Jan, long story. I do like the OEM+ route, as the springs were cheap as they were R take offs. To get into decent coilovers you will be in the $1500+ range. If you get the $500 set, they will bounce like crazy. Also if you go too low, you will change your roll center for the worse.

Best of luck!

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 AT SE 6MT
Also from another member here on the RSB:

>So along comes the Alltrack and after a bit of investigation I have made one simple change, which is to replace the rear anti-roll (sway) bar (5Q0 511 305 BC) with one from a Golf R (5Q0 511 305 BE).

You would need the bushings, and "maybe" the two bushing metal mounts.

seanbon11

Reactions
City
Kent
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack S
I am getting my 19 alltrack fitted with Bilstein B16 next Saturday on 235/40/18 Michelin pilot 4 all season on Neuspeed RSE10 18 x8.5. I had this set up on my 13 tdi JSW before I sold it back to vw . I will keep you posted. The ride was incredible as I was able to place a lot of weight on the suspension as I did a lot of camping and carrying a 20 cubic inch cargo box wit about 220 pounds on top. No body roll . With any suspension you consider, consider upgrading your sway bars also.Consider all options and ask around. I researched for a long time prior to committing on these again. Good luck. I will post pics

I'm looking at doing nearly the same thing on my 2019 Alltrack. Care to share pictures, any thoughts since the install, and any changes you did or are considering? Thanks.