So many questions

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at leasing an Alltrack SE, but I'm torn about the transmission. I always choose a manual when it's available, but I've heard mixed reviews about the manual transmission on the Alltrack. I also live in Los Angeles, so stop and go with a stick is a pain anyway. Truth be told, I'm also comparing the Alltrack to the GTI. If there were a GTI wagon my choice would be so easy...
Anyway, looking forward to catching up on the forum and seeing how everyone enjoys this car.

VWGALT

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at leasing an Alltrack SE, but I'm torn about the transmission. I always choose a manual when it's available, but I've heard mixed reviews about the manual transmission on the Alltrack. I also live in Los Angeles, so stop and go with a stick is a pain anyway. Truth be told, I'm also comparing the Alltrack to the GTI. If there were a GTI wagon my choice would be so easy...
Anyway, looking forward to catching up on the forum and seeing how everyone enjoys this car.
I've had all manuals, autos and DSGs in all VWs I've owned and have a DSG in my AT SE. It's quick shifting, you can flick/shift it on your own, set it to sport mode or regular "drive". The DSG will handle more power than the clutch w/ the manual. Get the AT w/ DSG and then get a tune (APR, etc.) and you'll be happy with it. More room than a GTI, affordable, good gas mileage, and is fun to drive. There are a few suspension options out there, but none that are AT specific (most borrow from the parts VW parts bin, currently).

Good luck...you should find some pretty good deals on the 2018 as well.