Our 2018 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Is as Desirable as Ever at 32,000 Miles-Car and Driver

OP
F

FooDogg

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
H/t vwvortex.
any other good forums y'all follow?
i'm at 40k on my 2017 S MT and reading all the kewl ideas about lowering, racing, drifting...😊

But my interest is more vertical upwards...anyone with documented history and miles on lifting a bit, including suspension details?

Good link to other forums?
Looks to me The Bearded Detailer is far ahead, but doing my homework for other documented solutions before laying out a lotta $$$, and go one-step at a time...

Thanks in advance for tips on info.

OP
F

FooDogg

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Great article. Glad alot of their issues were very minor
+1.
"With fewer than 10,000 miles left to go, there are already rumblings in our office of a battle royale between certain staffers who are contemplating buying this car from Volkswagen when it finishes its 40,000-mile tenure with us. If that’s not enough of a ringing endorsement of the Alltrack, we’re not sure what is."

OP
F

FooDogg

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
PS: kinda surprised Car and Driver did not know this but keep in mind the "low inflation" warning is based on rotation of wheels, so if you have "out of spec" ie not original issue or outsized tires, or uneven wear on them enough, then that can give a false warning too.
Solution is to double check your pressures are to spec by tire manufacture, (not door placard) and then reset the warning system on the dash menu (read manual), before going to the shop...