LED conversion for rear hatch/cargo area

Reactions
All the interior illumination in my S is LED except the rear. The dim, yellow incandescent is out of place. So I replaced with an LED bulb. But when it is turned off, still dimly lid.
Not enough load or current draw I guess for the circuit to fully open, possibly solid state switching. Are the SE and SEL the same? Or do they have an LED module? Anyone know of a festoon LED that won't do this? Do the Can Bus bulbs correct this issue?

Reactions
I did change mine too of my 2017 Alltrack SE.. it’s slightly lit but after a few minute when you turn off engine it’s totally off.. so far it didn’t give my any troubles yet ... I bought the LED bulb at Walmart last year ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlltrackMike

Reactions
Are they much brighter than stock?

Reactions
Yes.. not blinding bright but you can tell the difference and see much better.. doesn’t flicker which is good...

Reactions
I kind of wish they came with LED from the factory.

Reactions
All the interior illumination in my S is LED except the rear. The dim, yellow incandescent is out of place. So I replaced with an LED bulb. But when it is turned off, still dimly lid.
Not enough load or current draw I guess for the circuit to fully open, possibly solid state switching. Are the SE and SEL the same? Or do they have an LED module? Anyone know of a festoon LED that won't do this? Do the Can Bus bulbs correct this issue?

Reactions
I have a 2017 Alltrack SE the boot has incandescent bulb so I bought an LED replacement , when I just turned off the car it’s dimly lit but when the car is totally off/ parked , LED is completely off... so far it didn’t cause any trouble ... it’s been over a year since I installed it ...