2017 Alltrack SE

yeoyeo04

Reactions
Hello all, we just picked up a new 2017 SE and are very excited to have it. I have been eyeballing these since their introduction, even went to a local auto show just to see it. Of course it was locked up and couldn't get inside. But now, we have our very own. Have been reading some of the other posts about vibration and gas use, lots of good info!! Thats why i love forums, you get a lot of great information. Anyway, looking forward to the continued flow of information and nice to meet you all!!

Yo

[wiggle]

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

OP
yeoyeo04

yeoyeo04

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!!

Reactions
Welcome YeoYeo,
The vibration is definitely a tire issue, probably because my car sat at the dealership without moving for about 9-10 months. With the Force Balance tire machine and some new tires the problem was solved. I put a couple of hundred highway miles this weekend and the car drives silky smooth. The Force Balance tire machine is amazing, from now on any new tire I get I am going to have it Force balanced. The main advantage seems to be a better and more accurate way to balance tires, measures roundness of tire and requires placing less lead weights on the tire.

The Alltrack has been good so far, based on past experience, the build quality on other new cars I've owned so far have been:
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 14 problems (Oil leak, PS leak, Coolant problem, Transmission cable not connected, several loose trim, rattles, etc...)
2003 Subaru Outback- 1 problem (A/C-heater element)
2006 Honda Odyssey - 4 problems (PS pump, exhaust rattle, bad switch, rear rattle)
2017 VW Alltrack- 2 (tires, update 5/22/18 : leaking sunroof)

Last edited:

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
welcome aboard

OP
yeoyeo04

yeoyeo04

Reactions