Windows losing one-touch feature

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem with their windows losing its one-touch feature and how to fix it?

It started with my driver side window and now also with the passenger side window. There is a way to reset it by closing the window and then holding it closed for another 5 seconds. This resets the window and works fine for a couple days and then the windows loose their one-touch feature. It is happening more frequently maybe a dozen times so far. Of course the dealer tells me there is no problem because they just reset it. I've taken the car in three times so far for the sunroof leak, tires, radio and this but I'm tired of taking this car to the dealer all the time.

Does anyone know why this happens? The reset fix does not work for my car.

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem with their windows losing its one-touch feature and how to fix it?

It started with my driver side window and now also with the passenger side window. There is a way to reset it by closing the window and then holding it closed for another 5 seconds. This resets the window and works fine for a couple days and then the windows loose their one-touch feature. It is happening more frequently maybe a dozen times so far. Of course the dealer tells me there is no problem because they just reset it. I've taken the car in three times so far for the sunroof leak, tires, radio and this but I'm tired of taking this car to the dealer all the time.

Does anyone know why this happens? The reset fix does not work for my car.
I've had an ongoing issue with just the driver side front window, most to the time I have to activate switch twice. I have it at the dealer right now. Also that same window makes a weird clunk clunk clunk when going going down. They determined some roller must have a "flat spot" and are replacing the rail assembly which (was) on back order. While the car is waiting for the part the service tech said he couldn't replicate the malfunctioning switch ...but...they will replace the whole switch assembly anyway which is good because things like that (when they can't duplicate the problem) are many times frustrating because they'll say we can't find a problem. I also have an issue with my iPod disconnecting electrically. When it's working properly the iPod pauses when I turn the car off and charges iPod but many times when I start the car again infotainment says nothing is plugged into the usb port. I bought a VW branded iPod/usb cord so they can't say you need to use (our cord) ...it still randomly disconnects. I could only find that cord in Canada $40 plus shipping! It seems like they've discontinued that USB to iPod cable, I don't know but I searched a lot of dealerships in the US and no one had it.

ANYWAY, it sounds like you have faulty window switches ask the dealership to have them replaced, my service tech called it a "switch module" in other words all window switches come as one unit. I don't know if they are individually replaceable or not, just stating what I was told...Or it could be a computer (eco) issue maybe. One thing on my switch it seems rather hard to activate I have to use more force W/ it

I was told over the phone when I was making apt about the issues I wanted them to correct (one touch switch, iPod disconnect, noisy window) the noisy window he said "that's pretty normal" a lot of the Golf family of cars does it, I knew this wasn't going to be smooth sailing to get these things fixed.

OP
Arm&Hammer
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
One touch feature for windows problem solved. -- VW replaced it with a new 2019 new Alltack. All the issues I was getting was due to the defective pano sunroof leaking. Water was going down the A pillar on the passenger side and getting into the wiring harness affecting power windows, radio and speakers, lots of other electrical problems, even shorted the battery within the first year. My nightmare is over now and I've owned the new replacement 2019 Alltrack for a year. Not a single leak or any electrical gremlins. The worst part with the 2017 Alltrack was the dealer spent over 4 months and over $3k to fix it and it still leaked. When they had everything apart and the headliner out I took pictures. Afterwards when I zoomed into the pictures I could see lots of problems, water getting into electrical circuits, roof parts and grab handle metal bracket rusting, side air bags getting wet, mold, etc. Definitely will be a safety problem down the road. Saddest part is I traced my old car and VW sold it at an auction in the mid-Atlantic as a Certified VW and some small dealer resold it in the New England area. Feel sorry for the current owner.