City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack SE
Hi. If I install a 3rd party trailer hitch for a bike rack, will that void my warranty? 2019 Alltrack SE here...

bitflogger

Reactions
City
Middleton
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
That's a grey area or yes if you look in your manual but my dealer installed a receiver and no harness. They said it's in their interest to perform any of the 6/72 warranty claims that might occur and they support their customers.

sirned

Reactions
City
SEA CLIFF
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack SEL 6
That's a grey area or yes if you look in your manual but my dealer installed a receiver and no harness. They said it's in their interest to perform any of the 6/72 warranty claims that might occur and they support their customers.
Hi,
I would be interested in your experience because I want to install a 2" receiver. What brand did the dealer use? Did they mention there is a type of harness available that clamps onto the wiring so it does need need to be cut (available at E-trailer.com)?
Thanks!

Reactions
City
Middleton
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
Hi,
I would be interested in your experience because I want to install a 2" receiver. What brand did the dealer use? Did they mention there is a type of harness available that clamps onto the wiring so it does need need to be cut (available at E-trailer.com)?
Thanks!
I purposely chose my dealer who said they've installed many and support their customers. They only sell Torklift/Eco that are more expensive than some but made and finished well. I also made the deliberate choice to not have a harness and the smaller receiver because I only use it for a bike rack.

Ogre72

Reactions
City
Glendale
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Alltrack S Dsg
Hi. If I install a 3rd party trailer hitch for a bike rack, will that void my warranty? 2019 Alltrack SE here...
Depends on the stealership you go to for your services. For a bike rack , I had them on all of my vw including sedans and never once had an issue. My friend installed a haul hitch with lights for trailer towing it ended up voiding his warranty. I live in so cal and it depends heavily on the speakership .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AlltrackMike Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Suspension, Brakes & Chas 4