Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Rs3 squeaking brakes possible damper fix

Jazzbarge

Reactions
City
Pocatello
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Audi rs3
I've owned a 2019 RS3 for about 8 months now, purchased with 55k miles on it. After the initial 2-4K miles, the brakes began to squeak. I decided to replace the front pads with factory Brembo ones and followed the mechanic's recommendation for the rear pads at that time.

After driving 15k miles, the squeaking issue resurfaced, prompting me to upgrade the front rotors and pads to Nuespeed along with ISweep IS2000 pads. Initially, they performed well and continued to do so. However, after another 5k miles, the squeaking returned. Despite not participating in racing or tracking the car, further research with European enthusiasts revealed the existence of brake dampers that bolt into the rear of the caliper.

After purchasing the recommended dampers, I discovered upon removing the wheels that they already had some installed. Upon comparison, the only difference was a three-digit number: the factory ones were labeled 912, while the ones I bought were labeled 720. I decided to swap them out for the ones I purchased and took a 20-minute drive around town without hearing any squeaking noises so far.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with the RS3 2017-2021 (part number 8V0615431E)? It appears that either the factory dampers degrade over time, or the weights I purchased have differing weight distributions.

Attachments

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i dont have that car nor do i have that issue but i can attest to the fact that OEM parts are horrible.
they dont last long or do they work well.

you have done a good job with testing out other parts. my advice is to continue to use aftermarket parts where you find them better then stock parts.