City
Santa Rosa
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Alltrack TSI SE 6A
OK OK I know another roof leak thread! But I have a question as I had a major leak on my 2017 Alltrack about 4 months ago and my dealership said it was an insurance claim. It was $3,200 of which I had to pick up $250.

NOW they have issued the recall, at the time it was a TSB that I printed and had in my car but they dismissed it and said I had to process through my insurance. So they replace all the tubes, it did leak one more time and I had to bring back but they could not "recreate" the leak so they sent me home and it has not rained much since.

Since I have already had the tubes replaced, I texted the dealership and asked if I needed to go in for recall, which they insist I do. I want to comply with each step because I am a bit nervous this will not be the end of this issue.

Shouldn't I be reimbursed for my $250 deductible (quite honestly shouldn't the insurance company as well). What is the point of getting the recall if my tubes have already been replaced?

Something has just seemed so fishy about this whole thing and it continues to baffle me about how they are going about this but I assume there is a lot of CYA going on.