odometer error

Reactions
We just took a long driving trip and I noticed that the odometer is reading low by 2.8% (and of course the speedometer) Has anyone else seen this ? Also, weirdly it seems that the fuel consumption number is the other way but I never really checked that as that is much harder to do as it depends on how the car is sitting when you fill the tank .

Otherwise the car was great in the snow and had plenty of power in the mountains.

Reactions
Were you using the phones GPS to determine that your speedometer was off?

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Actually for the odometer I used mile markers on the freeway in three different states the shortest one was about 50 miles and the longest was 200 miles they all came back around 2.8 ~3.0 percent off For the speed I was comparing tot he GPS but that is a bit less precise as neither the car or the GPS show 10ths but it corresponded ie when the cruise control was set to 71 and the speedometer said 71 the GPS was showing 74

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
the GPS I was using was a garmin unit not a phone GPS this is not a huge deal I just need to adjust my thinking on speed I am not used to driving under the speed limit! on the good side I will get a 3% longer warranty

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
the GPS I was using was a garmin unit not a phone GPS this is not a huge deal I just need to adjust my thinking on speed I am not used to driving under the speed limit! on the good side I will get a 3% longer warranty
Good excuse to get larger wheels :)

OP
S

Sandberg84

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I like it but wouldn't that make it worse [burnout] but any excuse for new wheels is good in my book [hihi]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 0