City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Golf Alltrack S
Hello I'm new to the forum. I found my way here hoping to get some input and/or questions answered. I've got an 2017 Alltrack S with 144K. Replaced the tranny at 30k, turbo at 130k. Couple of sets of tires, one new set of brakes, at 90K. Anyone else driving one of these with high miles and planning to continue going? What has been your experience so far? I'm tempted to jump to a newer 2020 Tiguan. Thoughts?

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack SE
Hi there. We have a 2019 SE/DSG with only 15k miles. I noticed you had a new tranny at 30k? Can I ask what happened? Should we get rid of it when the warranty expires? I thought the dual-clutch gearbox was fairly reliable given it's complexity. Thanks for any insight.

Reactions
Hello I'm new to the forum. I found my way here hoping to get some input and/or questions answered. I've got an 2017 Alltrack S with 144K. Replaced the tranny at 30k, turbo at 130k. Couple of sets of tires, one new set of brakes, at 90K. Anyone else driving one of these with high miles and planning to continue going? What has been your experience so far? I'm tempted to jump to a newer 2020 Tiguan. Thoughts?
Has it had the intake valves cleaned? With that many miles IF it hasn't been done it should be. I've got a 2017 SEL with around 50Kmi and going to have it walnut blasted the shop I use also will clean the injectors as part of the service and I'm thinking I might have the water pump replaced at the same time because I've read they have a high rate of failure over time. You also might want the timing chain and or tensioner changed too.
And to answer your question I haven't had any problems so far, I did have a Unironic Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune and amazing how much power it has now. Swithing to a used Tiguan depennding on milage and servicing (or lack of) you might not be gaining anything, but that's just my op\inion.