Lifting an Alltrack

crashton

Reactions
I've never seen that. It seems like a rather simplistic & not very elegant way to add ground clearance. Too many compromises there. I'm looking for a gravel road capable car that is why the Golf Alltrack interests me. If I wanted mongo ground clearance I'd be looking at the Subaru Crosstrek.

Reactions
Wouldn't that also decrease the spring travel and make it more bumpy?

crashton

Reactions
Wouldn't that also decrease the spring travel and make it more bumpy?

Yes I believe it would. The way VW is with warranties it's the way to have VW disallow anything to do with the suspension & drive train.

Reactions
My main concern would be the resultant increase in drive shaft angles which would result in compromised longevity of the CV joints and boots. VW would most likely drop you like a hot potato if you had CV failure with these fitted.
You may be safe with 12mm spacers, but 48mm? That sounds extreme.....

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Winchy, the dealer near me did raise a 17 model. They sold it as brand new with taller tires as well. I've been trying for a month to tell me which kit they used but no one at the dealership is saying anything. That's probably why!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Winchy, the dealer near me did raise a 17 model. They sold it as brand new with taller tires as well. I've been trying for a month to tell me which kit they used but no one at the dealership is saying anything. That's probably why!

Reactions
Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=45]bigdecals[/MENTION]. Surprising to say the least!
I wonder if it's factory backed or just a dealer pimped unit?
Keep us updated on your findings

Reactions
That lift really came out nice.

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=45]bigdecals[/MENTION]. Surprising to say the least!
I wonder if it's factory backed or just a dealer pimped unit?
Keep us updated on your findings
Dealer Pimped from Hudson Valley VW in Wappingers Falls, NY

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow just looked at the price $1,175.80[facepalm]

Le duke

Reactions
I wish adding a 1? lift to these cars was as easy and cheap as doing it to my old Subaru.

Plenty of companies out there selling HDPE spacers that went between the strut ?top hat? and the frame. Hell, you can make your own for $30.

Is there no reasonably priced after market solution for VWs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Comstock Park
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
17 Alltrack S

Check out B2BFab for a safe lift kit. I just got mine installed a while back and love it. 1.5" lift/level, with Atlas rear shocks (to regain the lost travel and beef up the rear for towing or extra caego), and 215/65R16 General Grabbers. APR Stg 1 ECU and TCU tunes help liven it up.
Also, Smith VW is nearby B2BFab, in Delaware, and they partner and help modify similar rigs.

Attachments