I would enjoy a firmer, lower suspension than stock.

scottyboy

Reactions
I Know, I know, "offroad, etc", but I am certain that this car will be used 99.99% on paved roads. Are Audi A3 suspension parts compatible?

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I Know, I know, "offroad, etc", but I am certain that this car will be used 99.99% on paved roads. Are Audi A3 suspension parts compatible?
Its not the same. Have you tried Tirerack?

Reactions
A lot of people are using OEM Golf R springs with Audi TT rear pads. From what I have read it is about a 1.2" drop and the ride is similar to that of the stock Golf R. I just bought some Golf R springs but haven't put them on yet. Will update when I do.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
A lot of people are using OEM Golf R springs with Audi TT rear pads. From what I have read it is about a 1.2" drop and the ride is similar to that of the stock Golf R. I just bought some Golf R springs but haven't put them on yet. Will update when I do.
Awesome, yes please keep us updated.

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Welcome aboard [MENTION=65]Master_Of_One[/MENTION], looking forward to the pics.

Reactions
If we get another VW. Currently going through the lemon law process and not very happy with their current offer. If we can't come to terms then I will not be buying another VW. Sucks, because we do love our Alltrack.

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
If we get another VW. Currently going through the lemon law process and not very happy with their current offer. If we can't come to terms then I will not be buying another VW. Sucks, because we do love our Alltrack.
Sorry to hear, hope its nothing serious.

Dannyo

Reactions
Problems

And what problems are you experiencing?

Reactions
And what problems are you experiencing?
We had water coming in from a leaking sunroof. They fixed it but then they did a terrible job installing the new headliner leaving black greasy thumbprints and the alignment was way off. VW has agreed to replace our vehicle with a similar so all is well thus far. Haven't gone through the process of getting the replacement yet but they have done a pretty good job of responding in a timely manner. I will hold final judgement off until the whole process is complete. Its very frustrating having a 4 month old car get issues like this. VW needs to step up their Quality Assurance game.

Dannyo

Reactions
Roof leak

We had water coming in from a leaking sunroof. They fixed it but then they did a terrible job installing the new headliner leaving black greasy thumbprints and the alignment was way off. VW has agreed to replace our vehicle with a similar so all is well thus far. Haven't gone through the process of getting the replacement yet but they have done a pretty good job of responding in a timely manner. I will hold final judgement off until the whole process is complete. Its very frustrating having a 4 month old car get issues like this. VW needs to step up their Quality Assurance game.
Wow, that really sucks! Another reason I went with the "S"........

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
Glad to hear they are replacing it though.

Reactions
Just received word that they have sourced a vehicle at port (Im guessing this means just built) and will notify us when it arrives at the dealership. If this is a new build then hopefully the issues have been resolved and we won't have to worry. I can't wait to put the springs on.

Camenta2

Reactions
We had to have the engine replaced the day often purchase. I called VW and demanded they replace the vehicle. After some back and forth, they resolved and replaced the vehicle and offered a ?thank you? and have had the new Alltrack SE since July 1. Very very happy.

Reactions
Master_Of_One...Have you asked your dealer if lowering you Alltrack will affect the warranty? I posed that question to a VW dealer and he said lowering an Alltrack would surely void the power train warranty. I'm assuming he meant anything to do with suspension and drive train components. I didn't get any more specific than asking about lowering springs and shocks. I asked him if Koni FSD shocks would be ok he say yes...just no lowering springs. That was one dealer, I'm going to call a few more in my area because I've heard and see where some dealerships are ok with it and even sell cars lowered.

Reactions
Have you swapped springs yet? I've got R springs like you and planning on changing out struts and shocks too with Golf R shocks/struts to have exact match for the stiffer/lower R springs. I'm of the belief that springs and shocks should be matched as closely as possible.
I'm concerned that just changing out the springs and not the shocks would cause the stock shock to bottom out causing premature failure also the mismatch of stiffer springs with stock socks would affect ride and handling negatively.
Changing out both springs and shocks to Golf R just makes sense to me. It's kind of pricey I know around $500+ for all the needed (shocks/struts bump stops and hardware) but to me worth it in the long run saving the expense of probably having to do the work twice either because of the ride quality or failure of the shocks or both.

BTW, I did find a local dealer that was ok with the lowering option and said it wouldn't affect the warranty just wouldn't cover the replacement springs and shocks if they were to fail which makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I plan on lowering line in the near future in waist deep in a mk3 Jetta build right now so after it?s finished I?ll start missing the alltrack a little. I have a full set of gti dampers and springs but I don?t think the rears will work because of the AWD. I have been researching the R suspension and will probably go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Did you get a new? How was the swap at the dealer?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ATXGolf Audio-Video, Infotainment & Electronics 11