Who enjoys their Fender sound system?

Reactions
One of the things I love about the Alltrack is the Fender sound system, while I'm not an audiophile, I just can't get over how well the system sounds.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Fender system does sound great, would be nice if VW offers the B&O system like on Audis.

Mr. Freeze

Reactions
Does the radio on my 2017 Alltrack SEL have a seek button?
Channel surfing is really frustrating when it only goes to the next preset station.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Does the radio on my 2017 Alltrack SEL have a seek button?
Channel surfing is really frustrating when it only goes to the next preset station.
The list feature will basically pull up all your local stations.

OP
ATXGolf
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
The List Station is a great feature.

Miks7

Reactions
Funny as I had been searching for the "seek" function and had found the list to be an interesting take on finding a radio station. Sort of makes sense when you think about it, a unique way of scanning for a station that is playing something of interest.

That is why I like the car, does something different than all the others, yet is functional.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Exactly. I just love the way VW continues to innovate.

Funny as I had been searching for the "seek" function and had found the list to be an interesting take on finding a radio station. Sort of makes sense when you think about it, a unique way of scanning for a station that is playing something of interest.

That is why I like the car, does something different than all the others, yet is functional.

Reactions
Loosing confidence in my VW as 3 of 4 speakers stopped working. Played around with all the settings and finally by resetting the radio options and cranking the volume to max got the speakers to work again.

Reactions
I have mixed feelings about the Fender Sound System. I love the sound (for a stock system) but every so often the ipod I have looses connection it's run through the USB port and about 3 times when I get into the car and drive off I turn system on and the connection is not recognized so it only gives me choice of Bluetooth or AUX, I don't know what causes it but it's a pain because I have to stop car turn everything off disconnect ipod and reconnect sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if there's a certain procedure that I don't know of or what but it's frustrating.
Also the FM radio reception is terrible where I live my 2000 Jetta had much better reception (actually listenable), it's so bad I don't even use the radio. Luckily I almost exclusively use the ipod (when it works). I'm disappointed the radio is so bad as I like to listen to talk FM talk radio in the morning on my way to work, at least I used to.
I haven't tried AM, for that matter I don't even know if this system has AM. I use Bluetooth for my phone and it works great except one time it wouldn't connect no matter what I did.I had just disabled some google apps on phone and apparently I needed those apps for connection to work because only after I re-enabled them was I able to get my phone to link again. I don't understand why these apps have anything to do with the Bluetooth connection: Google play books, google play games, google play movies and tv, google play music, google play newsstand. What do any of those have to do with the Bluetooth. connection?
Right now my free subscription is running out for SiriusXM, which I've never used and don't intend to. I like MY music thank you very much and don't feel the need for the service, but that's just me.
I do like the NAV though, to see traffic congestion.
Honestly I haven't explored all the functions of the Fender System some day I will but I'm satisfied with just the ipod for now...miss the FM radio though.

gj@ga_us

Reactions
So I have the SEL with the Fender. My feeling is that it is ok. There is decent clarity on the high end but the mids and lows are fair. In my previous Golf I had the Dynaudio. That system had a break in period but once it did it was amazing.

k.Trout

Reactions
Had the fender audio in my '15 Jetta TDI (we know what happened there...) and its replacement, '16 GLI. Thought both sounded great. Not perfect but absolutely a great listening experience for a vehicle with all its related noises. Got an '18 Alltrack SE for the 6MT so no more Fender. The stock is fine but I do want to upgrade, though not willing to pay all the labor and don't feel knowledgeable to DIY yet. If anyone has pointers...!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk