how long did you wait if you special ordered your alltrack?

nhoff85

Reactions
hi everyone! im new here and just curious as to how long you had to wait if you ordered your alltrack. I placed my order 4/26/18 and when I called the other day was told it wasn't going to be in now until the end of august possibly September. its killing me haha I went with the SE package in great falls green with the dark brown interior and the manual 6 spd.

VWGALT

Reactions
hi everyone! im new here and just curious as to how long you had to wait if you ordered your alltrack. I placed my order 4/26/18 and when I called the other day was told it wasn't going to be in now until the end of august possibly September. its killing me haha I went with the SE package in great falls green with the dark brown interior and the manual 6 spd.
I waited exactly 3 days as they had to drive the combo I wanted from one dealer in the next county over to my dealer. I also have a 2018 SE black/black. It's probably more common than other combos. They had your combo at our dealer for many weeks, but it didn't have a manual. For me, all our VWs have been manuals except the last two (one DSG, one Tiptronic). DSG seems superior to a manual these days for the type of driving I do and you can still shift/flick your own gears, while not the same as a 3rd pedal. I do like having the paddle shifters which was a pleasant surprise to see. Good luck and maybe reconsider your tranny option which would probably get you a car sooner. :)

OP
N

nhoff85

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
yeah im sure the dsg would have made it a bit faster for delivery haha but after I sold my stage 3 mk4 gti 1.8 and got my truck I swore to myself the next vw I bought would be manual again. I was leaning more towards the golf R but then got a lil surprise were having our first kid in December so went with the alltrack for the storage over the R lol probably better anyway I don't need anymore speeding tickets haha thank you for your input to btw hope your enjoying your weekend

VWGALT

Reactions
yeah im sure the dsg would have made it a bit faster for delivery haha but after I sold my stage 3 mk4 gti 1.8 and got my truck I swore to myself the next vw I bought would be manual again. I was leaning more towards the golf R but then got a lil surprise were having our first kid in December so went with the alltrack for the storage over the R lol probably better anyway I don't need anymore speeding tickets haha thank you for your input to btw hope your enjoying your weekend
I hear ya...after seeing the manual come back in the GSW/AT, I thought that would be the perfect combo, but I also saw where they dialed back the torque a bit with the manual, and with all the hills here and my spouse smoking our clutch trying to start out on one of them in an older Passat, it's best to move on. Congrats on the new arrival - the AT will be perfect for that until they starting kicking the back of your seat...then it's back to getting another truck. [[:)] (traded my truck in for the AT!) Btw, the AT is not immune to speeding tickets. [shhh]

OP
N

nhoff85

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
finally got a hold of my sales guy and got some info. the car finally has a vin and should be ready for delivery in the first week of September, as mad as I am that ive waited damn near 5 months im excited its finally coming in and cant wait to beat them over the head on the price since the 19's are on their way out and I waited so damn long lol.