Kudo phone mount
ECS blind spot mirrors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #3

Getting these wheels powder coated to match the Marakesh Brown interior in a satin gloss.
Will post pics once on the car!

Reactions
Can't wait to see how these turnout.

Getting these wheels powder coated to match the Marakesh Brown interior in a satin gloss.
Will post pics once on the car!

I picked up a bottle of CarPro Reload today. Plan on applying it this weekend.

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Can't wait to see how these turnout.

I picked up a bottle of CarPro Reload today. Plan on applying it this weekend.
Looks interesting on the web, been using V7 from the chemical guys. Always looking for detailed sprays!

Reactions
It's supposed to help repel water and dust.

Looks interesting on the web, been using V7 from the chemical guys. Always looking for detailed sprays!

Sleeper

Reactions
Euro aspherical mirrors

Reactions
Painted the calipers!

Red Calipers! and an aluminium skid plate!

Reactions
Sorry for the delay but I bought the skid plate from ECS Tuning it is their own street shield skid plate a nice piece of kit the only comment I have is the stock shield at the front used bolts into the body this one did not have those, I ended up fabricating a simple bracket to provide that support rather than rely solely on the clips to the front plastic bits it does bolt to the car in the back.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-aluminum-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/

www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-aluminum-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/

Steve

crashton

Reactions
Steve, no worries I'm still shopping for my Alltrack, just trying to get my ducks in a row. Thanks for the links I'll check it out. I've bought oil filters from ECS before for my GTI.

Reactions
i am wishing for a steering wheel like the one on my 2011 jetta sportwagen tdi...the alltrack's is too thin. suggestions for having mine redone? not up to doing the work myself.

Reactions
Hi,
I was going to post a photo of what I have been up to today with my Alltrack, I just dont know how to post a photo on a thread for this site ! Could someone pls advise how I do this, I have a MacBook running Sierra and I assume I reply in the 'quick reply' or 'Reply to thread' to post the photo ? In the 'insert an image' icon it then asks me for a URL and no option to go to my 'photos'....... Thanks

Reactions
Hi,
I was going to post a photo of what I have been up to today with my Alltrack, I just dont know how to post a photo on a thread for this site ! Could someone pls advise how I do this, I have a MacBook running Sierra and I assume I reply in the 'quick reply' or 'Reply to thread' to post the photo ? In the 'insert an image' icon it then asks me for a URL and no option to go to my 'photos'....... Thanks
Use this site its easier https://imgur.com/

OP
bigdecals

bigdecals

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Reactions
i appreciate the thought and it would likely be a real improvement but i am having some hand issues that render me unable to do the task.

Anon1

Reactions
I’m thinking mud flaps...For the investment, $100.+, do they really keep debris n dirt from away from Alltrack?
I’m constantly using rear wiper cause of winter weather...

Dannyo

Reactions
Mud flaps

I?m thinking mud flaps...For the investment, $100.+, do they really keep debris n dirt from away from Alltrack?
I?m constantly using rear wiper cause of winter weather...
I installed the factory OEM flaps....they help somewhat. Less debris on the body cladding but not perfect.

Reactions
I put clear headlight and fog light film on before they get all pitted. $34 pretty cheap protection for such a expensive part. Glad I took care of it. Now my headlights will stay looking new for a long time (hopefully). Next step a clear mask for the hood and front bumper, also threshold (door sills).

RobynNJ

Reactions
Red Calipers! and an aluminium skid plate!
Sorry, I know you posted this last year, but gotta ask...

1. Did you use the POR-15 caliper paint from ECS Tuning?
2. Were you able to just paint them while they were on the car or did you have to do some disassembly.

I painted the calipers on my MINI but it was years ago and it was a 2-part mix, which was kind of a pain. I love POR-15 products so curious to hear if that's what you used and how you liked it.