Portland
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Q5 PHEV
We've used our 2021 Q5 PHEV since Feb, 2021
Electronics are a bit off. I've been digging through the Owners Manual.
1) Beginning about 2 months ago , after we turn off, "Your device is still in the vehicle" Why? We are trying to get out. This is a new issue.
2) Playing an iPod 5th gen via connection in center console, MMI will sometime not play via the audio system but will show the tune on the screen and its progression. It seems only responding if we turn car off then back on. A phone call can be answered but then the audio is off after the call. How can We correct this? As passenger, I cannot fix with what is available without turning car off. Restarting will resume the audio. Cable or outlet does not charge the iPod. I tried different lightning cables.
3) Audi MMI will not play an iPod classic (why?, there's nothing more than tracks, albums, and playlists for audio function)
4) MMI will not import call directory, recent calls, nor favorites from iPhone 11 Pro Max. It will send call audio through MMI. Phone bonded, paired.
5)"Hey Audi" will not make phone calls, but Siri will if phone in area of voice. MMI will interrupt an audio asking or telling us abut things nearby but not wanted nor asked. Last one was to find a Marriott nearby. No one said anything
6) Using apparent location finder (GPS or local wifi, I'm unable to determine how) it will show "tap here to send to home" but that vanishes as quickly as it shows up, as we enter our driveway. Multiple taps on MMI to return to that button,
7) With rearview screen, tapping to close garage door wipes out that view. Swiping down to restore does not work.
8) Tells us 25 mi available on EV, but only gives ~14 mi. on Interstate or on city roads
The car part is like driving on railroad rails, it is solid, smooth and, yes, it does have advice varying from dash or HUD alerts to trying to turn the steering wheel, brakes, adding as we are applying them