Effects of computer assist on sporty driving?

Reactions
City
Winchester
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack S
Just got my new red Alltrack S a few days ago, only driven it 30 miles or so on windy back roads.

I haven't tried this but somebody must know: What are the real-time differences in handling (if any) when you drive on curvy roads at brisk speed (nothing too fast) WITH and WITHOUT the computer handling features turned on? I forget the acronyms but there are at least two features that involve minor automatic braking and torque control (I think).

Mike

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Are you referring ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program)?

There's no real difference in handling when you disable/enable ESP, the system only kicks in and apply the brakes whenever is senses wheel slippage.

This is an older video but still the same system.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTe3s1tQA4w

OP
R
Reactions
City
Winchester
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack S
Thread Starter #3
Well well, thank you, hadn't seen that, now I can hardly wait not to try it!! That is I hope I don't do anything to need it.

I thought there also was something that worked in regular non-slip cornering but maybe it is the same thing.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Well well, thank you, hadn't seen that, now I can hardly wait not to try it!! That is I hope I don't do anything to need it.

I thought there also was something that worked in regular non-slip cornering but maybe it is the same thing.
Yeah it's probably the same thing. I don't see any good reason you would want to disable it other than perhaps going offroad.

OP
R
Reactions
City
Winchester
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack S
Thread Starter #5
Yeah it's probably the same thing. I don't see any good reason you would want to disable it other than perhaps going offroad.
Oh I just noticed your name AlltrackMike!! Pretty good! Although you see I just chose the generic good for everything RandomMike!

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Oh I just noticed your name AlltrackMike!! Pretty good! Although you see I just chose the generic good for everything RandomMike!
lol Randommike is good for any site. AlltrackMike was the first username that came to mind for me. I intend on keeping this car for awhile lol.