Alltrack ride height ?

Reactions
First post, hope you guys don't mind a little interruption....but VW doesn't make the model I want..a tdi Alltrack

I have a 2016 Golf TDI Sportwagen manual and I need to lift it up for driving off road occasionally.

I've read that the Alltrack has a ground clearance of 6.9" vs 5.5" for the Sportwagen.

Could someone measure the distance from the center of the front wheel to the fender lip above ? I don't know if the cladding will make a difference, but I don't have cladding on the sportwagen and my distance is 15 1/4" from center of wheel to metal lip.

My plan is to buy either new or takeoff springs from an Alltrack and maybe add a spacer or two from www.spaccer.com for a 2" lift

The rear suspension of the TDI has a torsion beam, not as nice as independent, but I guess I can't have everything. Not sure yet what the rear solution will be..

I've already scraped the bottom of the car on a speed bump, so lifting it is at the top of the list for me.

Thanks !

Dannyo

Reactions
My 2017 Golf Alltrack's distance from center of wheel to the edge of cladding is just at 15 3/4 of an inch........

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
My 2017 Golf Alltrack's distance from center of wheel to the edge of cladding is just at 15 3/4 of an inch........
Thanks for the measurement. I might have to add more spacers...

Reactions
If you have the DSG automatic transmission you may want to make the same height adjustment for all 4 corners. I recall reading somewhere that the Alltrack DSG automatic has an angle sensor, adjusts the transmission shifting when slowing down, such as earlier downshift when going down a hill. So any height adjustment from front to back may affect the transmission shifting. I would read more about it to see if it pertains to your car as well.

Last edited: