Undesirable noise

Reactions
My AllTrack Golf has a clonking sound in the front left hand side. Not associated with turning, braking, but uneven road surface. Most audible below 50kms.
No one can shed any ideas on what this is. Over time it is getting louder. No visible wear on tyres, car is 6 months old.
Can ay one give me an idea on what this is?
Thanks
Ann

Last edited:

VWGALT

Reactions
I'd have your dealer take a look before it gets worse. It will be covered under warranty. Possible issues: loose strut bolt or bearing. Is concurrent with wheel rotation or as the suspension moves up/down? Take it in!

Sailby2

Reactions
Ann, I have a very noticeable noise coming from the left front of our SEL. I've taken it to the dealer once and got put off with the mechanic telling me it would "wear in" in a few months. Needless to say, this wasn't a good answer so I started raising the issue higher up the management chain and with VWoA. I made several audio recordings of the noise and sent them to the service manager. She has at least agreed there is a noise and asked for another chance to make it right. I am taking it back again next week so we'll see if they can come up with a fix and not a feeble excuse.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I have been back to the dealer twice. The noise is getting louder.
I'm not giving up!

I have noted your suggestions.
Ann

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I will try and record the noise. The Dealer said he can hardly hear it, but it is very noticeable to me.

Thanks for the info
Ann

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 0