Sun glasses...where do you put them?

Reactions
Seriously: you would think the designers would have provided us with one of those cool hideaway spots in the headliner center console to put our sunglasses. Did i miss this option?

bigdecals

Reactions
Seriously: you would think the designers would have provided us with one of those cool hideaway spots in the headliner center console to put our sunglasses. Did i miss this option?
It's above in the overhead console where the interior lights are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleeper

Reactions
Our new Alltrack doesn't have that cubby (my other MK7 does). I was surprised.

We have ACC (SEL) so maybe there is something with the trim/option level that would take the cubby away?

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
That's what I'm missing.....and a power passenger seat.

bigdecals

Reactions
That's odd..... Because of the sunroof maybe?

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I just realized i accidentally hijacked this thread, I apologize.

Sleeper

Reactions
Another thread said it's because of the sunroof. My other MK7 has a sunroof also (not as big) and I got the sunglass holder...

Kinda lame..

Sleeper

Reactions
Here is the spot...

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
My salesman told me they remove the sun glass cubby because of the motors for the panoramic sunroof.

Number #13 and #14 are motors powering the panoramic sunroof. There are four motors total that open and close the shade and glass roof.

Reactions
Same here no glass holder.

I've seen people use these holders that you can find on AliExpress.

Reactions
There is a cubby to the left of the steering wheel and another beneath the driver seat that you could use for sunglasses.

Iceburn48

Reactions
The cubby under the drivers seat is deleted with the power driver seat option on SEL Model.. I was looking forward to that spot when I first saw it..

Reactions
I have an SEL. I keep my sunglasses in the the little cell phone pocket with the USB port, but it's not ideal.

smtenney

Reactions
Same here no glass holder.

I've seen people use these holders that you can find on AliExpress.
Hi. First post here...
I have noted a few of these on some of the online buying sites, like AliExpress. Have you or anyone else ordered and installed one? If so, was it explicitly for the MK7, Golf, and/or Alltrack or "borrowed" from another model? Anyone have a part number? I miss mine from my MK4... Thanks!! Looking forward to many more discussions!

Reactions
That's odd..... Because of the sunroof maybe?

Yep, sunroof controls are there instead. I put mine in the dash compartment on lower left side of steering wheel works fine although I need to line it with something like micro fiber.

veedubtee

Reactions
Yep, sunroof controls are there instead. I put mine in the dash compartment on lower left side of steering wheel works fine although I need to line it with something like micro fiber.
+1 for lower left steering wheel compartment.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions
And blind spot monitors...
Yeah, no blind spot monitors on the US version I guess VW thinks US drivers are better drivers than other countries? VW limited our cars to ACC, Lane Assist and Park Pilot/Park Assist...Does anyone use Park Pilot? I like the audible tone that warns when you're too getting close to an object though.
It saved me once from backing out of garage when UPS left box in corner of garage door and alerted me from running it over.