City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Golf Alltrack 2018
Some days my cars smells faintly like a farm...any help appreciated.

dsmoker

Reactions
City
Strasburg
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Alltrack
You washed the undercarriage and inside the wheel wells? The cabin air filter also holds oders. I was told my car was never smoked in. First time I ran the A/C, definite cigarette oder, this is after I had the car 3 months. That filter will hold oders. Oder went away when filter was changed.

OP
S

sw toronto

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Golf Alltrack 2018
Thread Starter #3
You washed the undercarriage and inside the wheel wells? The cabin air filter also holds oders. I was told my car was never smoked in. First time I ran the A/C, definite cigarette oder, this is after I had the car 3 months. That filter will hold oders. Oder went away when filter was changed.

thanks dsmoker, I follow the schedule but might be good to ask if there are other brands/more effective filters next time. I do wash the car even during this Covid period - don't get out as much with the car these days like everyone :(

dsmoker

Reactions
City
Strasburg
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Alltrack
I use a Wix WP10159. This is an activated carbon air filter. It took a few days of air circulation, but the smell did go away. It's not that hard to change, you just have to be aware of losing the tiny pieces when lowering the glove box door.

OP
S

sw toronto

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Golf Alltrack 2018
Thread Starter #5
Extremely grateful dsmoker,

I see it is available at Amazon for a reasonable price - I will seek to replace it shortly.

Peace be with you

Swtoronto