Sat Nav Not Announcing Camera Alerts

kapricorn

Reactions
Hi All,
I live in Sydney, Australia and this is my first forum post after having bought a 2018 Golf Alltrack Premium (Petrol) 6 days ago.
It is the perfect fit for me after driving a Subaru Outback for 19 years. The new Outbacks are supersized and drive like a barge so this is about the size of my old Outback and just fits into my garage.

I was impressed by all the new technology in the car and its the first time I've had an in-car navigation system. However, to my surprise, it doesn't have speed/red light and school zone camera alerts that my friends have in their older Japanese cars.

The local dealer could offer no solution to getting these alerts and suggested I buy a portable nav system for that purpose which is embarrassing and I feel unnecessary on a AUD$45K+ car.

Does anyone have an Australian solution that will alert me to these insidious cash grabbing camera devices. I'm not a rev-head, but with a turbo-charged engine under the bonnet even the most careful driver can slip up and get caught going over the 50 and 60kph limits on Sydney roads.

Cheers
Kapricorn

moreles

Reactions
Hi Kapricorn,
I also live in Sydney and bought one recently and found the same issue coming from a 2014 CX5 that did have the alerts.
I'm hoping for a update in the software to fix that. but have no idea when it will happen.
Love the car though after 5 months ownership.

OP
K

kapricorn

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Hi Moreles,
I'm not used to this forum posting and I must have done something that sent the message half completed.
What I wanted to say was that I found a website that offers updates for the Discover Pro 2017-2018 but I don't know what my own system is called and I don't know enough about how to perform updates so I'm putting the link out there on the forum to see if anyone knows if it will solve our common problem of not getting camera alerts. The website is: https://www.speedcamupdates.com/volkswagen-discover-pro-2-mib2-2017

I really need to talk to a Master service technician face to face because the guy in my local service centre that answered my phone call thought it was just a matter of adding camera alerts from existing POIs in my system which is not the case.

The nav map that I have in my car, based on the box that the SD card came in, is titled:
Volkswagen Navigation AS
Multi Region Map 2 (V8)

Cheers
Kapricorn

moreles

Reactions
Good research. I'll try and see what else I can find too.