Ride Review: 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack

Reactions

The Volkswagen Golf is no longer just a world-leading compact hatchback, at least in the eyes of American motorists.

For this latest edition, the Mark VII Golf, Volkswagen decided to expand the line beyond its hatchback offerings. They included the latest SportWagen in the Golf Family, as the lineup is now called. Customers can now decide whether they want just a hatchback, a sporty GTI, the performance of the Golf R, or a wagon that is accommodating and fun to drive.

Volkswagen did not stop there. The SportWagen has become quite popular among new car buyers, because there are only a few of them available out in the marketplace. Somehow, we love wagons; in particular the Subaru Outback.

Read more on Lavender Magazine.

Altracker

Reactions
Suspension too soft

I find the suspension to be too soft. I have taken it back to the dealer and asked for a new one. They said that there is no other suspension for the car and I asked for a Golf GTI or R suspension. It doesn?t fit because of one inch raise of the Alltrack. I said that I didn?t care if it was lowered, but they said it couldn?t be lowered either. Is this BS? I hate that when I take off the car lifts and dips and rocks! When I go around curves, it feels like it is going to roll! Actually, putting the cross bars on has helped a little and not sure why, but it has!