OEM Mudflaps ??

Reactions
Hi,
Can anybody who has installed the standard VW OEM Mudflaps on their Alltrack, please tell me if they found these mudflaps very effective in keeping road 'gunk' off your car when driving mainly on bitumen/concrete roads ? The OEM mudflaps (especially the front ones) look to me to be really quite small, and mudflaps such as Rally Amor Mudflaps cost a 'bomb' once shipped to Australia. The cost combined for front and rear OEM Splash Guards is a lot cheaper near AUD $200, so I was wondering if they really make a 'difference' ? Your input would be much appreciated !
Thanks

Last edited:

Sailby2

Reactions
Mudflaps

Hello,

I put them on the car after about 1 week of ownership. The back ones make a noticeable difference in keeping the car cleaner than without them. As for the front ones, they are pretty useless and merely balance the look of the car out in my opinion. I can't figure out why VW didn't design a more robust setup. The car is marketed and sold as a light duty off road vehicle.

Reactions
I agree with [MENTION=101]Sailby2[/MENTION], the front ones are too small and pretty much useless.