No one makes a good/decent all season for 17' Alltrak???

Sjones8150

Reactions
I am having the worst time finding an acceptable all season replacement tire for my 2017 Alltrak with 17' wheel. The OEM tire is a horrible option and no one else seems to make anything acceptable. I am losing it.

Shawn Jones

asp125

Reactions
I share your pain. Try going with a 215/50-17. You'll find a better selection of high performance all seasons on TireRack.

I'll be running stock size 17's as winter wheels, and going to 18's for my summer set.

VWGALT

Reactions
I share your pain. Try going with a 215/50-17. You'll find a better selection of high performance all seasons on TireRack.

I'll be running stock size 17's as winter wheels, and going to 18's for my summer set.
Ditto. I'm running that size as a winter tire currently on 17". Toyo has that same size in a nice all season tire I've run on another vehicle and will be putting on this as well. LINK

EpicPush

Reactions
City
Alameda
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Alltrack SE
I have been a tire snob my whole life and I have resigned to the fact that if I I plan on stick with original setup the selection is hostile. So I compared what is our there and talked to various tire shops in good neighborhood and sketchy one, and I decided to by a set accelera phi r and a set of federal formoza az01. My conversations with installers that do those rad filaments trusted those because they are very durable and the criteria for repairing tires just got tougher in regards to proximity of punctures to sidewalls. I am now forced to replace the whole tire or even worse the axle if the tread differential is too great. I plan on posting my observations and hopefully it provides some comfort in that next choice. I am expecting a set today…..