City
Craftsbury Common
State
VT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf TSi Alltrack S
The teenaged me really wanted the manual, but the middle aged me with a wife who has trouble maneuvering felt she was less likely to hit things with the DSG. So that's what we got, a red S for us and our three golden retrievers. Even without the manual it's a fun, exciting car!

We live in a tiny town with only one paved road. We get so much snow half the US Olympic Cross Country Ski Team trains here. For years we drove Subarus and RAV4s, but they have been getting larger and more gentrified; now driving them feels like piloting a boat. While shopping for a smaller AWD vehicle we test drove the Mazda CX30. Nice car, but the overly complicated dash bothered my Luddite sensibilities. The dealer also sold VW, and they let me take the Alltrack out for a two day test drive in the conditions we had around our home. After that we looked at Toyota, Honda and more Mazdas, but none compared. Bonus that the Alltrack was several inches shorter than the competitors which would make loading our kayaks onto the roof rack much easier.

We pick it up tomorrow!

Pete