Meguires hybrid ceramic wax

asp125

Reactions
Decided to pamper the Alltrack today between dog park duty and garden center runs. After a two bucket wash and clay bar, I tried Meguires HCW for the first time. After reading the online posts about this stuff I decided to apply it dry with my microfiber towels. A little goes a long way, one spray per panel followed by buffing with another clean microfiber towel. After the stuff dries and cures the paint feels smooth and slick. As luck would have it I later got caught in a rain shower on the way down the dirt road from the dog park. Got home and sprayed down the car; dirt just rinses right off without any effort. So far I'm impressed.
IMG_20190801_135607658_HDR.jpg

Reactions
I have a white one as well, this looks really good...

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
*On Order* 2019 Golf Alltrack S M6
Decided to pamper the Alltrack today between dog park duty and garden center runs. After a two bucket wash and clay bar, I tried Meguires HCW for the first time. After reading the online posts about this stuff I decided to apply it dry with my microfiber towels. A little goes a long way, one spray per panel followed by buffing with another clean microfiber towel. After the stuff dries and cures the paint feels smooth and slick. As luck would have it I later got caught in a rain shower on the way down the dirt road from the dog park. Got home and sprayed down the car; dirt just rinses right off without any effort. So far I'm impressed.
View attachment 452
Looks great![twothumb]

Any issues with overspray on the trim (like the dreaded wax on black plastic)?

steel1

Reactions
I've played around with different materials/brands detailing my own cars for years.
My current go to products for paint are as follows:
Maguires clay bar if needed.
Jescar correcting compound for heavier defects, applied with rotary and foam pad of choice.
Sonax perfect finish for polishing/swirls, applied with rotary and foam pad of choice.
Beadmaker poly protectant applied by hand with microfiber towels.