Jack stand points

Sandberg84

Reactions
I am curious if the jack points and the places to put a jackstand are the same on the alltrack as a golf/GTi It seems they jack on the pinchweld and put jackstands on the subframe in front and a box section in the rear

OP
S

Sandberg84

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks I know they are strong but I am with you the pinchwelds just feels wrong..... I am going to try the jackpads

thanks again

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I found this thread http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26990

which shows the perfect spots to either support the car or jack it up basically there is a triangle splash panel by the front pinchweld point held in with one t-25 screw which will slide back and off (it takes a bit of persuasion) to reveal the front jack and in back there is a piece which looks like a frame rail that will support the car. these worked great for me.

I Jacked the car up on the pinchweld and used these for support.

Reactions
Yup they do jack to the pinchweld which I hate.

You can get some jack pads if you intend to use a larger floor jack.
http://www.purems.com/Products/PROTECHSIDEPADProtech-Side-Lift-Jack-Pad
$25? Just buy a couple hockey pucks about $3 each on ebay and if you feel compelled you can cut a grove in them.
If the Alltrack is like my Mk4 Jetta (I haven't tried jacking up my Alltrack yet) it's always been kind of a challenge to say the least. VW wants us to use the reinforced pinch weld as jacking point AND use jack stands there as well which impossible.
What I've done is use my long & low jack with a 3ft or so length 2x4 to distribute the weight and jack the front on the sub frame a put jack stands at reinforced pinch welds on both sides and in the rear using same 2x4 jack at the rear at the beam axle putting jack stands at rear reinforced pinch welds.
I don't know if this method will work on the Alltrack though as we don't have that beam axle, it might work on the front though, I'll tackle it when the time comes.
BTW, from what I've read those 4 lift points that some are putting Genuine VW pads in are meant to lift the entire car all at once (like a lift at auto shops) Because each individual lift point is supposedly not strong enough on their own, that said it seems one of the few ways to lift each corner and put a jack stand at the reinforced pinch weld at that corner I've heard a few say that those areas with the VW rubber lifts have distorted because of the added weight.
At any rate, jacking up modern uni-body cars is challenging but it can be done.

If you want to see something cringe worthy (IMO) look at the video DAP has posted on "how to raise your/our cars" looks like an accident waiting to happen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZEq7pAHUE

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ATXGolf Volkswagen Golf Alltrack General Discussion Forum 2