Instrument cluster "chime" notification?

Randwulf

Reactions
Hello All,

This may sound like a weird question, but it has been bugging me. I'll try to be brief but also explain it in an understandable way. I have a 2017 Alltarck S with 18,500 miles on it; I bought the car new in Atlanta. I Live in Tennessee, about 100 miles from Nashville. Yesterday, I was on the way home from Nashville in typically heavy Nashville traffic. The air temperature was 96 Fahrenheit. I was turning on a side street when I heard the instrument cluster chime (the same way it does when it notifies you that the temperature is 39 degrees). I immediately looked down but the notification was already going off of the screen so that I could not see what it was notifying me of. The only thing I caught was what appeared to be the representation of a cog, or gear of some sort. The car had never done this before. I was about 90 miles from home and kept on going. The car was running fine and the notification was never displayed again. This notification was in the little center screen, which is black and white; there was no red or yellow warning color. I looked all through my owners manual and did a web search but could find nothing.

Does anybody have any idea what this might be? The oil change notification started appearing yesterday, too, as I am nearing my 20,000-mile maintenance. I don't think this was the same thing, though. The oil change wrench icon appears when I start the engine or turn the car off.

Anyway, sorry for being long-winded. Thanks for your input.

OP
R

Randwulf

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, Nokian. No, this doesn't describe what happened. The notification I got was in the little center panel and was not in color. I didn't get a colored notification in the instrument cluster. Weird.

Thanks again for your response.