Horn bleep when locked: 2017 Alltrack SE TSi

Reactions
Our Alltrack, <8000 miles, is relatively quiet when idling. And of course, some of us folks might be a bit of hard-of-hearing. Consequently when exiting the vehicle, it would be advantageous that the horn chirps on the first lock attempt when the door handle outside sensor or when the key-fob 'lock' is pressed, rather than the second lock attempt [outside locking]. Has VW come up with a solution, or has anyone figured a way to change these settings?
We have indeed walked away from the vehicle and were not aware that the engine was still idling, and doors not locked. This also happened to other family members with other VW models [same TSi engine].

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome, I haven't seen any solution that would beep the horn on the first lock attempt.

Reactions
I don't get any chirps at all (Australia). This may be a country specific feature. I'll see if I can decipher and activate something with my VCDS when I get time.

Reactions
Okay, this is what I was afraid of. There appears to be options for acoustics on locking. Can anybody decipher German?
I'm not game to change anything unless I know ecactly what it is. Needless to say I can't read German

nilly

Reactions
Hey Winchy,

The 3 Akustische settings are your audible alerts. Rueckmeldung means feedback and verriegeln means lock. So I think you are looking for IDE02269-ENG116667 but don't hold me to it.

Reactions
Cool. Thanks [MENTION=108]nilly[/MENTION]. I'll have a go when time permits.

Reactions
Our Alltrack, <8000 miles, is relatively quiet when idling. And of course, some of us folks might be a bit of hard-of-hearing. Consequently when exiting the vehicle, it would be advantageous that the horn chirps on the first lock attempt when the door handle outside sensor or when the key-fob 'lock' is pressed, rather than the second lock attempt [outside locking]. Has VW come up with a solution, or has anyone figured a way to change these settings?
We have indeed walked away from the vehicle and were not aware that the engine was still idling, and doors not locked. This also happened to other family members with other VW models [same TSi engine].
My SEL does sound horn on second lock activation too and I'm glad because lock horn is much louder than my Mk4 Jetta which has a soft quieter honk (think dull sound) which I preferred, the Alltrack seems to use the car horn "full horn" but quick and I don't like it because of the loudness at night, so I only activate lock once and look at the armed flashing light to confirm it's locked, I've never left the car running though (not unintentionally anyway). This is only my second new car and a lot has changed since my 2000 Jetta, still getting used to all the features. Most of them I've used (so far) are worthwhile my favorite is ACC (adaptive cruise control) that's really nice except when someone cuts in front of you within your preset distance but so far that's been a rare occurrence . I love the hands free phone sometimes I forget I have it...haha and think later "I should have called", like I said it's a learning curve.
It looks like there might be a way to activate alarm horn on first lock according to Winchy. You might want to call your local VW dealer and see if they will change it for you.