Going from a truck to an Alltrack???

Irishman

Reactions
Having owned a second generation Nissan Frontier since new (2005) and experienced the horrors of ownership of a brand new model vehicle I'm reserved about new builds. Anyone else gone from a midsize truck to the Alltrack and their feedback? My wife has the Eos, which is fun to drive if I spend 20 mins getting seating etc to my preference. The Frontier has been a sleeper of trucks, where when I need it to get up and go it does it. I'm 46, enjoy spirited driving and looking for a vehicle to transport two 80lb german Shepards and also be able to put my 14' malibu x-factor kayak (weight of 65lbs) on the roof rack. My local gun club is down a washboard road ( think of the tracks a dozer leaves) so it's a 3 mile drive down that road (South Bay rod and gun club) where I've busted shocks in the past. I drive according to terrain but don't want to have to replace shocks after one drive in ( 15 -20 mph) as I'm not a rally car driver.
Hoping to hear this vehicle will suit my needs, feedback is greatly appreciated

Reactions
The Golf may be a little small for both your shepherds. I have 1 greyhound and reckon she has ample room to lay down with the rear seat flat, but not room for another dog for both to be comfortable. Not sure if they're built for constant punishment either. More the occasional unsealed road jaunt. Spirited driving, YES! These things drive like they're on train tracks.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I agree [MENTION=9]Winchy[/MENTION] that with two shepherds it might be a bit cramped unless your dogs prefer to constantly lay down.