Exhaust availability?

scottyboy

Reactions
One tuner has a sportwagen "touring" or "track" exhaust, any ideas or web links for the Alltrack? I am 64, not interested in wide open performance gains, would just like to hear my 6 speed manual car sing.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Ive read that the SportWagen exhaust will fit our cars.

AWE Tuning
[video=youtube;mPXnTxDuzAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXnTxDuzAY[/video]

VWFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
That AWE exhaust sounds pretty good. Not too loud.

Reactions
Techtonics Tuning has a 3" cat back exhaust which exits the same as the stock exhaust with what looks like larger SS tips.

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_1178_1180&products_id=3161

I've got a TT cat back on my Jetta and it's held up for many years (probably 13yrs) I had to get new intermediate pipe for it because it started to leak but that was probably my fault because I didn't seal the connection, sounds nice, that pipe was pretty cheap too around $120, they are quality and bolt right up with out issue. I'll seriously consider this one when the time comes. The one on my Jetta has a nice mellow sound not obnoxious at all. I bought it for 2 reasons to save weight and sound not performance really as it's a 2.0L Mk4.

jungle

Reactions
one a stock tune, the AWE exhaust has peak gains 4hp & 8tg. There is no HP gain until above 4500rpms. Seems like a lot of $ to spend for such little gains. Now on a re-flashed car, I am sure there would be more. I was thinking about getting the TT one for the Sportwagon, as it has only a single muffler, vs. two. That 2nd muffler isn't helping flow, its only adding weight.

Reactions
one a stock tune, the AWE exhaust has peak gains 4hp & 8tg. There is no HP gain until above 4500rpms. Seems like a lot of $ to spend for such little gains. Now on a re-flashed car, I am sure there would be more. I was thinking about getting the TT one for the Sportwagon, as it has only a single muffler, vs. two. That 2nd muffler isn't helping flow, its only adding weight.
Pretty sure the TT for Sportwagen or any Sportwagen exhaust will NOT work (if it's for FWD) the exhaust is different design for our 4WD cars.

jungle

Reactions
yes of course it would have to be the sportwagon 4-motion exhaust.

Reactions
I looked at the AWE and the Techtonic, they are 1400.00 and 1000.00 respectively. The factory exhaust easily supports 300 horsepower, if you had a turbo swap and downpipes you might benefit from big exhaust. My plan is to install Rieger rear valence, a pair of Borla ss mulfflers and then a pair of Wesdon quadtips......total price installed, less than 800.00. I have ordered the Rieger part already from ESE, once I get that I will mock-up rest of system.