Driving Modes

Miks7

Reactions
So I am looking through the owners manual on the various driving modes for the Alltrack. Normal, Sport, Custom, and Off-road. I experimented by going into the sport mode, and noted the steering feel changed, but what are these options doing with regards to the 4Motion? Any advantages to changing anything from the default "normal" mode?

I can't seem to find answers that would address this, other than Off-Road does have some advantage in a hill descent control. However, what other things IE traction control, ABS, etc. is affected by these modes?

Reactions
From what I gather from my salesman, the different drive modes will change the steering stiffness, as well as throttle and transmission mappings. For example Off Road mode will enable hill descent and enable traction control. Sport mode will increase stiffness in the steering wheel and keep the engine at a higher RPM for quicker downshifts. With regards to the 4Motion, I believe it will send up to 50% to the rear wheels no matter what driving mode you are in.