APR Tune

Reactions
Has anyone here tuned their Alltrack? I have an 18 SE manual, and it is definitely fun, but I came from a GLI so I am craving a little more power.

Thinking about doing either a APR Stage I or II with a down pipe addition

Mk7GSW4Mo

Reactions
I have my 4motion wagon tuned with Uni's stage 1. Not liking the power delivery, and tiny stock turbo. I'm switching to APR IS20 tune and would recommend a going APR. Also I've read a downpipe isnt needed until a turbo upgrade since the stock IS12 is so tiny. A downpipe will change your exhaust note though😉

VWGALT

Reactions
Has anyone here tuned their Alltrack? I have an 18 SE manual, and it is definitely fun, but I came from a GLI so I am craving a little more power.

I'll be going the Stage 1 route next month w/ APR+. I'll report back on it after that. I know it's not the worst I could do, but want to keep my power-train warranty alive.

Current mods:
-30% window tint all around (except front)
-SS rear bumper plate/protector

Future mods:
Stage 1 APR+
Snow tires this winter (on stock SE wheels)
18" wheels/tires next Spring
AT-specific suspension/damper upgrades when/where available

veedubtee

Reactions
I?ve done apr stage 1 on an 1.8TSI and it?s impressive. It felt like a different car, dyno results below. It was my first mod and I got the speed bug.

I?ve since put an is38 with intercooler & downpipe. I was looking at an is20 very hard and a used is38 appeared. I was worried the car wouldn?t have much pep at low RPMs with the is38, but?s it?s all just so much quicker even without a downshift. I then put sound matting in the cargo area to keep the extra exhaust noise out of the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
so this stage 1 mod doesn't void warranty? mind me asking what the cost was?

Le duke

Reactions
so this stage 1 mod doesn't void warranty? mind me asking what the cost was?
APR replaces your power train warranty with one of their own.

Reactions
APR replaces your power train warranty with one of their own.

Thanks for the info,
My Alltrac came with a life time power train warranty no mileage limit.
I dont think I am willing to give that up. maybe I will do a intake and some exhaust and see if that helps a little. I have been pretty happy with the quickness of the car overall tho. but we had a 2.4l accord before this that was a slug.

Le duke

Reactions
Ours is 72,000 miles/6 years. APR replaces the factory warranty for the same duration/length.

Reactions
Ours is 72,000 miles/6 years. APR replaces the factory warranty for the same duration/length.

Yes my factory warranty is the same. the Dealership I bought from is giving a life time power train warranty for free. that really good of them to stand behind it with that kind of warranty tho.