2018 Alltrack SEL in NYC

RL331

Reactions
Hi everyone, long time 2003 B5.5 Passat owner that recently transitioned to a 2018 MK7.5 Alltrack - nice to have the hatch space for the family. Been a member of VWVortex and PassatWorld for a long time and thrilled to find an exclusive Alltrack forum now!

Loving everything about the car so far but it?s still only a month old so lots to discover and do with it. So far I?ve put in a Euroswitch - mainly so I can run parking and fog lights together and hoping to get around to the rear fog at some point. Also put in the Homelink rear view mirror with compass (actually trying to seat the mirror back correctly was a pain but well worth it). Looking to do some more random things shortly (R springs even) but probably going to keep mostly stock.

Don?t see a lot of Alltracks in the NYC area!

Last edited:
Reactions
Welcome to our little corner and congrats [MENTION=173]RL331[/MENTION]

Reactions
Congratulations on your new Alltrack, curious about mirror does your mirror show direction right on the mirror and did you have to program ECU for it?
Also, about the springs swap, are you planning on changing the shocks too? If you just change springs and not the shocks you might be too low and shocks won't have enough compression, also I read you have to change the bump stops too.
So far I haven't seen a dedicated (for Alltrack) spring/shock set-up, everyone that has done it is using springs that are designed for something else...except Eibach maybe...but those IIR are meant for Sportwagen AND still NO aftermarket shocks that I know of
hopefully the aftermarket will put something out for us Alltrack owners right now it's a guessing game as to what "might' work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
R

RL331

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Congratulations on your new Alltrack, curious about mirror does your mirror show direction right on the mirror and did you have to program ECU for it?
Also, about the springs swap, are you planning on changing the shocks too? If you just change springs and not the shocks you might be too low and shocks won't have enough compression, also I read you have to change the bump stops too.
So far I haven't seen a dedicated (for Alltrack) spring/shock set-up, everyone that has done it is using springs that are designed for something else...except Eibach maybe...but those IIR are meant for Sportwagen AND still NO aftermarket shocks that I know of
hopefully the aftermarket will put something out for us Alltrack owners right now it's a guessing game as to what "might' work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The mirror is plug and play as long as you have DAP - the harness is already there. Otherwise you have to get the version that comes with the wiring harness that connects to your light switch. No coding required for the compass.

Tons of people have done the R springs and switched out the stops with TT stops and work fine so I may do that.

Reactions
The mirror is plug and play as long as you have DAP - the harness is already there. Otherwise you have to get the version that comes with the wiring harness that connects to your light switch. No coding required for the compass.

Tons of people have done the R springs and switched out the stops with TT stops and work fine so I may do that.
Still no shocks though, at least I haven't seen any (and I've looked).