Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

2012 Mk6/VI Golf R(20) LED Tail Lights - Enable Inner Tails on Braking?

Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Mk6 Golf R, 2011 Mk6 Golf 2.5L
Yes…another tail light thread. This might even be the wrong place to post this, but I’ve not seen a thread with any info on this particular configuration.

Just got some new LED tails for my Mk6 R20 and desperately want the inner tails to illuminate on braking. I’ve done an insane amount of digging and came across this thread:

https://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/tba...heckleuchten-beim-bremsen-aktiv-t5216235.html

(granted it’s in German…I just translated the sections I wanted to see.) This process appears to use Vag Can Pro (VCP) to dump the BCM EEPROM to a configuration file where you’d then be able to modify the individual light settings (including enabling the inner tails and specifying brightness). My issue is that I only have “OBDeleven” and it does not have EEPROM capabilities, but I don’t want to go and buy other vag com tools if it won’t work anyway...

Can anyone confirm this on VCP? Has anyone been able to do this on the NAR Mk6 Golf R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk