Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

15k Service

Bkemps123

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Has anyone done the 15k service? It seems to me like a waste of money, especially if you are changing your own oil and cabin filters.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Has anyone done the 15k service? It seems to me like a waste of money, especially if you are changing your own oil and cabin filters.
I agree, skip the 15k. I'm about 5k from you.

OP
B

Bkemps123

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Question though: how do you reset the service reminder? It looks like you can't do it without some sort of VW access port

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Question though: how do you reset the service reminder? It looks like you can't do it without some sort of VW access port
Most dealers including mine will do it for free.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
You can reset it yourself.

To reset the display, select the Menu button > Car > Systems control button > Service & control > Service intervals > Reset oil change interval.

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
Is there any way to reset it from a specific point or mileage?

esemett

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
S3
You can reset it whenever.
Yes of course, but can I set I reset it so that it reminds me in 3800 miles lets say? rather than the fixed intervals

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Yes of course, but can I set I reset it so that it reminds me in 3800 miles lets say? rather than the fixed intervals
I didn't see any settings that lets you change the intervals.

OP
B

Bkemps123

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
Yeah I knew about the oil change but I assumed it would reset the inspection as well. Called my local dealership to see if they could reset it and they quoted me $70 to just the inspection interval....... Said it was "a task that required multiple things to be reset through the computer by a professional." I have done something similar with other cars before and easily a 10min job. Will need to find a friend or someone who can reset this.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Yeah I knew about the oil change but I assumed it would reset the inspection as well. Called my local dealership to see if they could reset it and they quoted me $70 to just the inspection interval....... Said it was "a task that required multiple things to be reset through the computer by a professional." I have done something similar with other cars before and easily a 10min job. Will need to find a friend or someone who can reset this.
That is crazy and as much as my dealer charges for an oil change.

OP
B

Bkemps123

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #12
Honestly couldn't believe it lol. The service lady was taken aback that I couldn't believe the price she quoted me. Just insane if you ask me.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Typical dealer gouge.