Welcome to Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Panoramic Sunroof Leaking?
0 Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It's still working, sorry I misspelled the website I corrected it above:
    https://vwalltrackpanoleak.com/

But only a matter of time until the owner of the website gives up as he was the owner of a 2018 Alltrack SE but just noticed he is no longer. Or VW shuts it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    Have a 2017 All Track SEL and Love it. I noticed leaking after a heavy rainstorm and while it was raining I took it to my dealer here in Maine. I have always had outstanding service from them. They immediately took it in. After about a 1/2 hour the an diagnosed the issue as the plug at the end of the gravity drain hose was not opening once there was water pressure in the tube. The service manager recommended to remove these "pressure plug" which I agreed. It has been 6 months now and not a single leak and the car is stored outside during the summer months.
    Is the fix holding up for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After months of attempted repairs dealer finally replaced everything with new parts and performed the TSB for pano leaks. They were finished over the weekend. The car sat outside in the dealer lot on Sunday in the rain.
    Guess what when I went to pick it up the next morning a big water stain on the brand new headliner. The service rep was dumbfounded and claimed they had their best mechanic with VW's help for the repair, charged VW thousands of dollars and it still leaked. They are a large dealership on the east coast. He also finally admitted it wasn't the "outside influence" clogs after all, and wants me to pick up the car because there is nothing else they can do. I need to deal with VW directly.
    I'm kind of relieved that all the runaround, blaming me and excuses from the dealer is over. Now I just have to deal with VW.

For those of you wondering there is a design defect with the Alltrack's Pano sunroof. From my experience the pano sunroof itself is fine it is the entire drainage system and the surrounding attachment system is flawed by design. Even brand new drain tubes and spider traps installed properly is not adequate and can cause leaks. Taking the spider traps/check valves are a temporary fix and may work for areas there is little or no rain, but even that exposes the drain tubes to the environment and cause premature clogging. The sunroof seal to the body is the cause and the main problem. It has to be perfect per Pano leak TSB, if there is any flaw leaks occur. To fix it and get it all this right is impossible in the real world unless VW opens up a dedicated Sunroof repair station at their headquarters in MI to fix it properly by trained technicians. The dealerships are not trained or have the proper tools to handle this and thus all these re-occurring leaks. GOod luck to all and I've initiated my state's lemon law. My back up plan is to sue with the help of a retired AFL-CIO senior attorney who has over 20 years of litigation experience against large corporations. He said he will help/represent me when I told him my story. It struck a nerve with him because he had a defective Passat where he used the lemon law and got his money back.

I also wanted to let everyone know when the dealer had everything taken apart I examined the car. The electronics of my car was going haywire, because of the leaks. The more scary part is that the leaks at the middle of the car may be getting to the side air bags and wires. NOT a good environment for airbags to be exposed like that. So based on what I saw the electronics and air bags will deteriorate over time. What a shame....
    Last edited by Arm&Hammer; 03-14-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally someone is gathering information probably for a class action law-suit against VW for our leaky pano sunroofs. Looks like a law firm in CA and they are protecting consumers under the California Lemon Law. Not yet for the rest of us in the other 49 states. I'm sure with the high number of leaks the rest of the 49 states will sure follow.... Now the story is unfolding quickly just like a soap opera. Lets see what VW corp. does with 49 other states/law firms/states attorneys after them. I knew California was a progressive state which could be good or bad, but when it affects you then you realize why we need consumer regulations. I thought VW would have learned from their $25 billion Diesel engine cheating scandal from just a couple years ago but I guess they haven't. Someone needs to remind them again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All-

I posted previously, but i'll do a quick recap and update. I own a 17' alltrack SE and brought it in a few months ago for the 1st time for a leaking sunroof. We had found water in the rear lift gate. They replaced the sunroof frame and headliner. 2nd time I brought it in for water stains on the new headliner, they took off the sunroof, ground down the drain tubes as per VW technical service bulletin and also said they found water on the floor and replaced the carpet and headliner again. The 3rd time we brought it in for water found in the rear lift gate again and they said it was getting in through the stereo antennae. At this point we called VW corporate and started pursued a buy back. They took 10 days to respond and denied the claim. Now the car is at the dealer for the 4th time for water found in the rear lift gate. We immediately re-opened the buy back claim and just spoke to the dealership today who is saying that water is leaking in between the rear seal of the car.

Needless to say we're really hoping VW makes the right decision here and buys the car back. This is the first new car my wife and I have ever owned because we just had a baby and wanted a reliable car. This has been anything but and although we've dealt with it graciously up to this point we're starting to take our gloves off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Again...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It leaked again. After a couple weeks of dry weather, and a few days of really warm weather, it started raining last night. This morning I have a wet headliner and water inside the car again.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678