Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Hello from Alamo, CA

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hello everyone. New to this forum and Audi. I just ordered a '16 S3 Prestige in Monsoon Gray/black with the 19" Performance Package with red calipers. I think I got a good deal, beat the True Car pricing by over $1,200 dollars. The dealer said about 10 weeks to get it. The question I have is the Prestige car does not offer the Home-link garage door system. What have people done to add that into the car? I really do not like having a garage door opener bouncing around the car or clipped to a visor. The only plans I have for the car are a full front clear-bra and very light window tint all around with a tint strip on the windshield.

My other cars are a '10 Carrera 4S 6 speed coupe and an original '71 914-6 which is about 70% through a complete restoration. My DD is a '14 Ford Fusion Energi that is now for sale. The Energi is just a boring, very boring, car. I saw the S3 and fell in love with it. Perfect size and handles and performs like a car should.

Cheers - Michael

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Welcome. I remember my salesman told me the Prestige comes with Homelink.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Have them look up option 3HB for Homelink, it's a $295 option that needs to be added even on the Prestige.

OP
Cairo94507
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I will check into it again. I specifically asked them and he showed me the equipment list and it had homelink with $295 but then it said not available on the Prestige..... Anyone here have that option on their Prestige?

Last edited:
Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
There was a Prestige without homelink when I purchased mine so I know it's not included. If you ordered your S3 with the sport seats you can't add the homelink.

OP
Cairo94507
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I am following up on this with dealership. Thanks for the help.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I am following up on this with dealership. Thanks for the help.
If you need help I can give you my salesman's number. He was able to get the Prestige ordered with Homelink.

OP
Cairo94507
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
LonestarS3 - Thanks of the offer. I have put the ball back in the dealerships hands. I will give them a couple days to investigate and resolve. If the have not definitively resolved this by Wednesday, I will contact Audi Customer Service and see what I can do.