Welcome to Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you get less discount with ordering vs. picking one from a lot?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I plan to order a 6MT, and I wonder if I have less leverage for discount because the dealer knows the allocation is slim.
    Wondering if I should expect to pay similar to what people have been getting for picking out of the lot, so should I brace for higher out-the-door price than an automatic model?

Better question would be - how do I get the best deal if I'm ordering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by vwmxo View Post
    I plan to order a 6MT, and I wonder if I have less leverage for discount because the dealer knows the allocation is slim.
    Wondering if I should expect to pay similar to what people have been getting for picking out of the lot, so should I brace for higher out-the-door price than an automatic model?

Better question would be - how do I get the best deal if I'm ordering?
    Baseline: If it's on the lot, that's what they want to sell you and you'll usually get a much better deal than trying to order something. Also, dealers trade with each other and all dealers know what's out on there, but will often pretend not to know in order to sell you what's sitting on their lot or another dealer's lot. I would do a search on VW.com after you do a "build" and try and locate a dealer that might have your config (you can also search TrueCar and other sites). The other battle you're also fighting is it's year-end time and 2019s are being shipped, so those will be more of a premium product as 2018s are sold out (probably few manuals left).
    2018 VW Alltrack SE | 2013 VW Tiguan SEL