Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

what is the recommended wheel width size on aftermarket rims

sprsoakd

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Hello everyone ,

I'm new to this forum and honestly trying to do research on this car I have learned can be a hard process because there really isn't a lot of information out on it yet. I happen to only see one other s3 located in my area, so it seems as if it is not popping off the shelves left and right , which I do enjoy.

I plan on putting some wheels on next summer and I was wondering for both the 18 and 19 inch what is the width size that we can go to without compromising the ride quality of my car and to insure there are no rubs or scuffing done to the car or wheels. And I don't want a size that will only fit with a wheel alignment or crazy camber. I want a size where if I want to camber the wheels for look otherwise just leave it as is to ride you guys know? Any suggestions?

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
ride quality would equate to thinner width and taller tires. performance is the opposite. so if you go any thinner or stay the same as stock width then you should be fine. that also would insure there is no rubs or scuffing.